A non drone video for a change

Hello all - I needed to devote some time to my other true love - the Sea. Before drones I was and still am, obsessewd by the sea and all that lies within, and have been diving for over 16 years - deep, shallow, wreck, reef - I love it all. Unlike drones the environment doesn’t always lend it self to filming but I get by and I have finally compiled enough to make a short film of my dive crew’s adventures in 2021. As well as epic wreckls and amazing adventures we also sadly lost a great diver and friend during a dive this July so it’s also a short tribute to him. RIP Don, and I hope you enjoy watching the film as much as I did making it!!

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing that, I really enjoyed it :+1:

I learnt to dive some years ago, went to Egypt to do my PADI open water and then did my first real dive off the Great Barrier reef, and the highlight was to have a reef shark swim past and to hold a sea cucumber!

@JayForceOne may I ask what happened on that day, that Don sadly lost his life?

1 Like

Great video and lovely tribute too. Well done. I too have a huge affiliation with being under the sea. I’m sure it is actually my home. It feels like it when I swim underwater. Keep it up. More of this would be great to see.

1 Like

Ongoing medical issues came and paid a visit on a dive. Nothing the dive boat could do that day despite their best efforts. He was a good egg, and will be sorely missed.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this, having a medical problem whilst diving is not a good situation to be in.

1 Like