A short film of Glencoe & Rannoch Moor

A short film from last weeks day trip to Glencoe, it’s actually very short lol as I spent most of my time taking photos. Shot on my Mavic 2 Pro and edited in DaVinci Resolve Studio. Looking at it now, it looks like it was shot on different days as I had low cloud/mist early on right through to blue skies and wall to wall sunshine a few hours later - typical Scottish weather lol

29 Likes

Edited your post to have the Vimeo URL on it’s own line, and not in a “link”, to enable the embedded player. :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, lovely video and one of the most beautiful places in Britain. Worth visiting at different times of year, if you get the chance.

3 Likes

Some excellent colours in that, all the way through … especially the stream!

:+1:

Great choice of music too. :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Cheers! Yes, I think I’ve photographed Glencoe in pretty much all seasons, though winter is my favourite.

1 Like

Cheers!

1 Like

Very, very nice. :+1: :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2 Likes

Cheers Joe!

For the colour grading alone (not to mention the rest of it), it’s a real shame there’s no ‘Videographic’ equivalent of the ‘Photographic Order of Merit’ badges.

:wink:

3 Likes

Beautiful filming. I hope to go later this year. Anything about Glencoe sends shivers down my spine. An incredibly beautiful place with a tragic and dark history.

1 Like

Lovely scenery! Very well shot and the choice of music fits it so well!

2 Likes

Lovely vid and location, fond memories of pulling over to the Loch and poaching brown trout with my fly rod!!

1 Like

This is a wonderful place to film in. You are a lucky chap. The M2P has produced pin sharp pictures. Fantastic colour in the video. Did you film in RAW and colour grade? What settings did you sue for the drone? What camera do you use for the Wedding Photography?

1 Like

Real nice video. Great

1 Like

Thanks for all the kind comments folks :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Ian, Thanks for your comments. No I’ve not tried D-log yet on the Mavic. Glencoe was shot in H.264, 1080 50P, 1/100sec at between f8 and f11 (depending on the light). I didn’t have any ND filters with me so most of it will be at f11, the M2P smallest aperture. For my wedding photography I use Nikon Z6’s (I switched to mirrorless last year after using D750’s and a D810 for years). For wedding videos we use a mix of Sony XD160’s and Panasonic Lumix GH5’s. All my video editing is done in DaVinci Resolve Studio, which in my opinion is the best for colour correction and grading.

3 Likes

That was lovely, was there last Sunday and took a few shots, not had time to edit them yet will post on here though

1 Like

Thanks. Will look forward to seeing them :+1:

Nice video and editing, what an amazing place :+1::+1:

1 Like