Abandoned Colliery - Chatterley Whitfield - b+w edit

As we couldnt make the trip to the BIG MEET we went out today for a few local locations, had my eye on Chatterley Whitfield colliery for a while, have to say it did not disappoint, and I have to say I am amazed at how well it has edited together, tried something diferent, a fade to B+W, llet me know what you think…

16 Likes

So sad.
I bet it’ll bring back many good memories for the people who used to work there.
And yes the fade definitely emphasises the dramatic views.

1 Like

Looks like a great place to lose am FPV quad or three. Or more.
Love the music.

1 Like

Thanks… I used to know some ex-miners, a hard job, but it made for kind if hard men… If I knew how to get it in front of them I would do so…

Yeah, a lot of FPV options, if you can maintain signal… I was struggling at times today with just MINI3 Pro - although perhaps it was the last location and I was flying a bit further away than this one :wink:

B&W edit? You should have said that’s all the coal dust that still there.:wink:

Those trees have been growing a long time…

Paul.

Lol, I could say that…

1 Like

Love it superb, really felt the age of the place with the B&W & the music, really good :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes

Yes, the mine closed in 1974, and the musuem in early 2001, so 20 years since it was last used… Some of those buildings are listed though, but the council dont seem to be doing anything to maintain the site at all…

1 Like

Thnks @Kirky tbh I think its perhaps the best thing I have yet done with my dorne… Ok, its not perfect, but the edit is rather special… May even get a badge :wink:

Yes, a good one and well-chosen music. The hardest part, often.

1 Like

Thanks, it needed something nostalgic and a ittle soulfull, which I think I found…

When I saw the title, memories came back about being down t’ pit in Birch Coppice late 70s early 80s. CW was for a long time a mining museum and often said I would toke the wife along to see it. Then I watched the video, it seems to be closed now and those trees are some age.
Great footage with lovely music as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the comment, I remember CW being open, and as a museum, we went underground there on a schooltrip in the early 80’s, fab place… Shame to see it now… There is a Friends of CW Heritage Society, who run visits on a monthly basis, but only above ground and in certain areas as a lot is now unsafe…

Well done!

1 Like

Superb!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

I love it, well done. The black and white really emphasises the industrial historic nature of the scene. Very apt music as well. Thanks for posting it.

1 Like