Absolute Noob - Leicestershire

Thanks for the comment. I’m certainly changing my ways as I get a bit older. No shame in doing what you enjoy pal :+1:

As @OldSoulBoy says, there is one from Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council that covers Burbage Common

(i) A person shall not on the common release any power driven model aircraft for
flight or control the flight of such an aircraft.

(ii)
A person shall not cause any power driven model aircraft to take off or land on the
common.

Document in Appendix 2 Byelaws.pdf (whatdotheyknow.com)

1 Like

Will do, Crofts a good one and has a great viewing area

1 Like

So is it flying over that is a no no or just landing and taking off and landing. I believe it’s just the latter would you agree?

No - the bit I put in italics goes a bit further. You can’t control the aircraft from the common, either. I am not a lawyer, but I still don’t think they could stop you overflying, but with VLOS and a ban on TOAL it doesn’t sound like a great proposition.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll steer clear of that then.

@G-Unit welcome

1 Like

Welcome Gavin to GADC :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Many thanks :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

Hi mate and welcome from a fellow newbie👍🏼 I’m the other side of Nuneaton from you so not far away.

Cheers fella. No not far at all really. This forum seems a good find plenty of people with all levels of experience so should never be short of an answer. If you find anywhere good local or know of anywhere drop me a message mate.
Gav

2 Likes

Hi Gavin welcome to the club

1 Like

Cheers mate :+1:

Welcome Gavin - its great fun! :grinning:

1 Like

welcome to GADC have you got your operator ID displayed on your drone ,
local by laws can prevent you from TOAL on the area concerned ,but i would join an association such as FPVUK ,as their membership includes third party cover in the event of your drone causing damage to property or injury to someone,

1 Like

Some great advice here as always, but I wanted to add what I did last summer when I purchased my first drone (also a mini 3 pro). There are two areas near where I live - a bowling green and a football field. I started with flights around the bowling green below 20 feet to get the hang of the controls, and then moved to the football field to try some of the mastershot features and get some height/distance.
The important thing though is that I did all of my practise flying before 7am. Similar to you, I saw a couple of dog walkers, but that early you’re not interfering with anyone else’s activities. My first real footage was taken at Shibden Hall in Halifax, and again I got there at around 7am knowing the building doesn’t open to visitors until 11am, so I had plenty of time to get lots of footage without disturbing anyone’s enjoyment of the place.

1 Like

Thank you I’m excited to get out and about.

Thanks for the advice. Yes got the operator i.d and a qr code that brings up my phone number in case anything goes wrong. I have done the test to get a flyer i.d even though it’s not mandatory for the 249g I just thought it shows you are serious about doing things right. As for insurance I did look at drone sure but see that various clubs offer it as part of their membership so will look into the one mentioned. Again cheers for the advice.:+1:

1 Like

That’s pretty much my plan mate. Stay out of busy places to minimise the risk of confrontation and reduce risk if it goes pear :pear: shaped. I certainly intend to get out and about with the family and visit some of the places you guys have already done. Gives us a map of the uk to choose from of a weekend and gets everyone out in the fresh air. (God I’m getting old… but content lol) Thanks again for the comment.