Adventures in 3D printing

Ok, so as a few of you know I’ve been mucking about with drone mapping, then 3D mapping, then from that to 3D printing! Just setup my FlashForge Finder which has just arrived from Amazon. I did a fair bit of research and concluded this one suited me pretty well for the price point, fully assembled and no mucking about building the darn thing:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FlashForge-Leveling-Touchscreen-Fully-Assembly-Filament/dp/B07FQPJ9ZB/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545239513&sr=8-3&keywords=flashforge+finder

1 Like

Except for the disconnected display cable. :wink: :rofl:

Bumped over to Droning on... … since it’s not fundamentally drone related. :+1:

1 Like

1 Like

No let’s 3D print a drone mapped building!!!

1 Like

Got a week to spare? :wink:

1 Like

It looks like your bed needs some fine tuning (levelling) to me.

1 Like

Cool. All input welcome I litterally have never done this before! Up or down? I thought it looked a bit “squashy” ?

I’m amazed…it like something from Tomorrow’s World.

1 Like

Rather than me trying to explain and type War and Peace, a video might be easier :laughing:
I did start replying on the iPad but the realised you might be waiting a while.
Rather than finding something generic I’ll have a look for something on your machine.

Looking at the skirt you might have had only one pass so that might be the reason for me thinking this.

What are your settings for extruder and bed temp?

I assume you don’t have auto levelling?

Have a look here.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=flashforge+finder+bed+leveling

Thanks for the info, I’ll take a look. Me being me, I fired her up, did the leveling in tools (quickly) and only once, and the immediately printed a robot :slight_smile:

Dont think its got a heated bed has it? Extruder is default running at 220 degrees I think. Using the PLA that came with printer.

I’ll dial back the leveling a bit. See what happens!

If the bed gets warm, and you are using PLA set the bed temp to 65 deg and the extruder to 190 deg.
use a train ticket or something with a similar thickness to set your level on the 4 points.
if your bed is not level then your prints will be crap.
have fun mate, looks a nice piece of kit.
I have a Wanhao, i was upgrading it last christmas to put a swiss hot end on it and its still on my jobs to do list, hence I have not used it for a year.

Another tip, use a squirt of WD40 on a piece of foam with a mini clip on it to keep dust off your PLA as it goes into the input.this will stop your extruder clogging up and your 18 hour prints failing.

I’m not sure of that model, normally it does as you need different temps for different filament.

It uses a different method for levelling, much easier to do than the conventional method.

1 Like

I am currently printing a 3D drone mapped building… and a wizard… and a scan of myself… and a moonmin… and totoro…

Ok, even I could do that…

I’ve added this one to my Amazon List, alongside the original Ender 3 that I had in there…

Watching with interest @Longstride!

1 Like

The print bed doesn’t look very big though, but if it suits your needs :thinking:

1 Like

Watching with interest :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I think @Longstride needs to set up a webcam so we can just watch! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Octoprint on a raspberry pi with a time lapse webcam will be coming soon folks!

2 Likes

1 Like

It can be fascinating to watch, here is one of my first prints.

1 Like