Advice on improving colours in photos

Don’t use the dji go 4 app editor it’s giving low res photos and videos always use a computer and import the files from the sd card

Personal opinion …

As with most things in life, learning to walk before running makes sense.

The Jpegs should be far better than Mike’s OP … let’s see what can be achieved there, first, without worrying about RAW and editing.

Even when editing, it still makes sense to start with a good image.

I’ve posted a lot of pics that are jpeg right off the MP, and for many purposes they are good enough.

4 Likes

ozone, thanks, that was kinda the point I was trying to make, shooting in JPGs should get good enough results straight out without editing.

If still washed out in jpg then issue with settings or light or shooter error

3 Likes

Deffo

A basic understanding of photography though is essential, we have the perfect weather for reading and watching youtube at the moment ;o(

Auto white balance is a cruel mistress coupled with no great tonal range in an image (like the one taken here).

As a starting point I’d never use auto wb, always use cloudy unless its blazing sunshine and go from there

1 Like

oooo controversial :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Its one of the reasons shooting in raw works better especially on landscape’s in this wonderful (dull for 7 months of the year) country of ours ;o)

Luckily its digital so you you can take millions, imagine the upset if you’d waiting 2 weeks for your kodachrome slides to comeback with shit results.

Top tip, shoot loads (then some more), review then repeat ;o)

I think we need a new topic, so fat-cat can get on with learning how to take some great images with basic skills

2 Likes

Step 1 - reset everything - leave it on auto everything - let’s see what the jpeg looks like straight from the P4. :wink:

4 Likes

Good idea!

1 Like

THIS - a 1000%.

2 Likes

I always shoot RAW

Ive watched the tutorials now on you tube ad ive updated all the settings, some of which were clearly along way out, and I have now got some much better photos.

thank you to everyone for the help you have offered

Mike

3 Likes

a sample is attached with the new settings as I know someone will ask me for 1. it was taken where I work so only a industrial site picture im afraid but its about the picture rather than the content

Mike

DJI_0004.JPG

2 Likes

For what’s probably a dreary autumn day, that’s looking so much better. And a great starting point for tinkering. :+1:

2 Likes

definitely better,

Mike have you looked at any basic tutorials in taking photos? settings and colors etc?