Advice on techniques I can use

Last night the football lads asked me to grab some footage of the training and also to add in some of the footage they were planning on catching via phone on the ground.

I’d like to mix it up and try new things or angles or ways to make it better.
Does anyone have any tips that I could try?

Hi @Cigarfingers,

In my humble opinion, this would not be an easy task. I think there are many factors on how to work with people as subjects without disturbing them.

1. if you are too close it could lead to accidents
  2. if you are too far, it could lead to boring footage
  3. the time of the day, seems quite dull, as if the light is going, this will also might not be the ideal condition to record movement
  4. if you want to record someone moving across the field with the ball, you could do it flying side by side from them, but then you will have to make sure that there is an empty area to fly close enough (this will disturb the training)
  5. short videos look more interesting than longer ones. Maybe you can record a few things from still place and stitch them later on, for example a few seconds from above as they do their thing and some side as they move with the ball through obstacles.
  6. might take many takes. Shoot as much as you can, delete what is not needed
  7. consider to meet just to record, as if they where actors.
  8. plan ahead what kind of shots you would like and work with the guys to make them happen.

I am sure there is plenty more advice, but this is what I would do if I was in that situation.

1 Like