Advice please! - Uninvolved People

Hi All,

After some advice please.
I’ve been asked to do some filming for a low budget film in SW London using my Mavic 2 Pro.

I have my OA, A2 CofC and GVC paperwork and insurance with Coverdrone. I understand the basic restrictions of 400ft limit vertically, 50m from uninvolved people and 150m from congested/residential areas and will be over 3 miles from the nearest airport (Heathrow) but do I need to contact the CAA as to my plans and will I also have to supply a risk assessment to them and the filming production office?

It is a bit confusing to be honest and any advice would be greatly appreciated having never done this before.

Cheers

1 Like

A great place to start is Good 2 Go

Followed by Drone Scene to check for restrictions …

For work like this, I would recommend having a risk assessment completed and readily available regardless.

1 Like

Thanks v much @clinkadink for the info!

The company who did you drone qualifications should have told you about all this. It’s part of the training. They should of give you a number to ring if you need any help as well. Who did you do your course with? The A2 cofc and GVC?

1 Like

You don’t have to supply anything to the CAA unless you are applying to fly in a restricted airspace. But remember as the pilot itcis YOUR responsibility that all rules for the flight are adhered to, notcthe production company, as it will be your neck on the block if something goes wrong.
Don’t let anyone bully you into breaking the law to “get the shot”.

1 Like

No you do not need to contact the CAA. The risk assessment is for you to keep and file with the other paper work to go with this job. Depending on how you decide to do the paperwork. If the job is done under the a2 cofc then you don’t have to do any paperwork it’s the GVC that need all the paperwork done. Now that being said I do paper work for both but only for good practise. Anymore question I’m happy to answer if I can.:+1:

1 Like

Cheers @stevesb deffo don’t intend to break the law to get the shot!

1 Like

Thanks @monkeyass0374 great info

1 Like