AFC on MP

So after flying last I kept hearing a beep and when looking at my footage noticed it was self focusing. Now I know that there is an AFC “auto focus” setting which is on. I have always used the C1 button as the centre focus but wondered if anyone has persevered with the AFC on, it seemed like it ruined a few of my shots.

1 Like

No I hated AFC.

Focus changing mid shot is no use at all.

3 Likes

I did wonder if it was any good, I have turned it off now as its not that hard to do yourself. Seems like a strange feature as it certainly interfered with filming.

2 Likes

Hate AFC

At least with it off you get the nice option of touch focus, or touch exposure in an easy to get at place on the screen

1 Like

There has been times where I’ve shot clips completely out of focus and it probably could have saved them.

I wouldn’t run the risk though of it focusing at a point you just couldn’t edit out.

Much better to just remember and check everything is in focus using peaking before you start.

2 Likes

Adjusting settings at the mo. How do I get 60fps on 4k? Can only choose 30

30fps is max for Mavic 1 & 2 in 4k.

Only the P4P and inspire does 4K60

1 Like

Are ok, so is it better to shoot in 1080p

I’ve never tried 1080 on Mavic.

For me it was always 2.7K or 4K/30

1 Like

For me, it depends what I’m taking and what kind of editing I want to do.

If it’s something I can’t get close to and need to crop, and by how much, I’ll go for the higher res.
If it’s something I may want to create slow-mo, I’ll go for 60fps, so 1080p

1 Like

Good point, I am getting better at thinking about the shots I want and fly but need to get better at the settings for the shot. Thanks for your advice and from @callum

2 Likes