Airdata + DJI RC controller

Has anyone any idea how to get the Airdata app onto the Mini 3 smart controller? There doesn’t appear to be a web browser on it. Typical DJI making things difficult.

I’d suggest contacting AirData … if they don’t have something about it on their site.

They’re usually quick of the mark with such things.

They have their own flight recording method, I presume that is their priority

1 Like

Alas it is unlike the RC Pro Controller, we will have to wait until someone in the Android community finds a way to side load apps onto the new Mini 3 Pro RC, not may took up the RC Pro for the Mavic 3, but millions will be getting the Mini 3 Pro, so in time they will sort something fingers crossed

1 Like

In the meantime as i went with the RC1N i just use the version of Airdata thats on my phone, simples.:grin::grin: i knew there was more than one reason to go the cheapskate route.

Not going to happen.
You can’t load apps onto the RC controller.
Just connect it to wifi and let it upload to the DJI servers. Then run the app on your phone/tablet.
Then go over to Airdata and it will show you the flight logs.

1 Like

But isn’t the RC running Android? Can you access Developer Options? If so, it may be possible to access/manage settings/apps via adb shell :man_shrugging:

Even then, without the DJI SDK being released for the Mini 3, Litchi and the like will be a non-starter :thinking:

It’s a very cut back version of android.

1 Like

Just “droid”? :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you access Android’s “Settings”?

F12 :+1:

1 Like

got keyboard connected via BT, it’s a start

1 Like

Its possible to access a sort of file explorer but very limited what you can do. Ive put the Airdata app apk on the SD card and and copied it over to the downloads folder on the internal memory. No luck. It comes up saying this user not allowed to load apps. Airdata say it should work ok if its possible to get the app on. Shades of the Crystalskys. Hope DJI get this changed as I need Airdata on. May have to revert to the ordinary controller and phone.

That would need a change of the developer options settings … if you can get into settings.

I think on my phone it was something like tapping on the serial number in settings several times to open the developer options.

So - “settings” is the first step probably.

Can’t get into the Developer Settings. Thought there might be a work around by copying the flight records from the internal disk to the sd card, then putting the sd card in the pc and uploading them manually to Airdata. So far nothing showing up in Airdata so looks like that might not work. Also tried to connect it to the pc with a cable. PC bongs like a drive is attached but nothing showing up. SC says USB debugging on and USB file transfer on but doesn’t connect. Tried different cables as well. The flights all show up in my DJI profile so they are definitely going through to the servers… Just checked Airdata again and it says unable to process the files. PITA

1 Like

https://groups.google.com/g/airdata/c/o89RIijN0i0

OK sorted. Not quite so easy as having the app on the controller but works fine.

2 Likes

So in theory I can have my RC330 connected to my mobile via WiFi and the Airdata will update, makes sense

1 Like

Hi everyone. ‘ happy new year ‘

Sorry if this been on here before , but is there a way to download Airdata onto the Smart controller for the DJI Mavic Mini pro 3. ?? Had some issues while flying on my smart controller. ( losing signal and transmission)
Like to find out what going on ! Thank you

Steve .

1 Like

Moved your post to and existing thread asking pretty much the same Mini 3 + Smart Controller question.

Hopefully you will find a solution above, but other with more recent experience will undoubtedly add more comments.