Airdata HD App question

I see mention of the Airdata UAV service on the threads. Anyone use the iOS App? Dies it give you much more than the DJI flight records?

Thanks

ā€˜Doesā€™!

You donā€™t need an app anymore mate, everything runs through their website :+1:

It also has the added advantage of showing both Litchi flights and GO4 flights in the same place - useful!

If I started to list all the info Airdata provides, Iā€™d still be replying to this thread in two days time :smiley:

Check out the GADC members discount mate:

https://greyarro.ws/t/airdata-uav-exclusive-gadc-discount-code/1799

And they do a free version too :+1:

Rich, are you still using Airdata mate? How does it work with offline modded GO4?

Thanks guys, will give it a try

How do they get info from a drone? Do I have to provide them my GO4 account details?

Iā€™ve use Airdata with a modded GO4 all the time, but Iā€™ve not tried an offline GO4.

Iā€™m guessing it would simply find no new flight records? :thinking:

1 Like

I wonder if you can upload them manually. Itā€™s making me wonder if I have any flight records at all. My app shows as if Iā€™ve never flown.

Have now registered for free version and the airdata app simply uploaded the info from GO4 - very simple

1 Like

Yes, you can.
Albeit I have from genuine Go4, but the flight log files are easy to locate (Android) and you can drag/drop on the website.
I used different devices on holiday, last year, but backed up the whole DJI folder each time. All the files needed are in \DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord.

I canā€™t imagine the modded Go4 does anything different to this - unless specifically modded to not log flights. ā€¦ā€¦ :thinking: why would anyone?

Only using free, atm, limited to 100 ā€œflightsā€. Go4 creates a ā€œflightā€ log every time you switch the MP on ā€¦. even if only to check something ā€¦ a tad annoying thereā€™s no ā€œexclude logs where I donā€™t even take off!ā€ option ā€¦ there are SO MANY! #EternalTinkeringTweakingCheckingThingsOutOnAWetWindyDayEtc.

Itā€™s no biggy to weed out the zero flight ones ā€¦ one of the views shows flight time. Also - thought FlightData was having a laugh when GoogleMaps said ā€œSorry we have no imagery here.ā€
Capture
But it turned out it autozoomed to my sofa ā€¦. :stuck_out_tongue:
These Iā€™ll delete to keep within 100.

USEFUL ā€¦ thereā€™s thumbnails of the last 4 photos/video taken which makes identifying a flight really useful.

My only complaint with AirData is that thereā€™s not a simple subscription/purchase thatā€™s the basic free version features, but with more than 100 flights. I donā€™t need all the other features and, in any case, I canā€™t justify (afford, whatever) the other subscriptions. I only have one drone. I only have one pilot. Etc.

PS: Yes, I know we have GADC discount and I know thereā€™s something off for having bought Litchi ā€¦ but MONTHLY SUBS? Iā€™d prefer something like a one-off purchase ā€¦ even Ā£20. Iā€™m sure theyā€™d massively increase their income for other hobbyist who similarly cannot justify the current feature/price structure.

Edit: I shall contact them on the two issues (a) simple one-off purchase for basic features but LARGE number (unlimited?) flights, and (b) auto-exclude/auto-delete for zero flight time logs.

1 Like

Oh - yeah - another AirData mini-gripe ā€¦ Iā€™d love an app that can display what the web UI gives us. Iā€™ll add that wish to my contact with them.

Perhaps that could be something available only to non-free accounts.