All went well, was expecting a drama - M2Z firmware update

Just did the firmware updates on my news mavic2 zoom, put it off for a while since buying in November due to poor weather, storms etc. Got a week off and looked at the forecast and it seems there is a lull this week. Used DJI assistant 2 following research and all worked, lovely job!

Don’t forget Simon that the various settings (you may) have changed ,may well be set back to default.
Just trying to give you a heads up, as a lot of people do not realise that sometime happens when you update.

4 Likes

Thanks, yes I will take it easy and check it all, bravely or stupidly I intend to decline DJI refresh this time, I am a ultra safe flyer and am hoping that I can avoid any calamity for a year.

1 Like

Don’t forget to boot up with each battery to check if they now need updating individually.

3 Likes

As yet I can’t get the battery to update as a single entity, it’s does not flag up as needing it, am hoping that it was done with assistant 2 update. As yet I only have the one battery which I used with the initial firmware update.

1 Like

The one that was in the drone will have been updated at the same time as the drone. It would have been additional batteries that would have needed updating.

If you get more batteries, boot up with each before heading out and discovering they need updating when you’re wanting to fly. :wink:

3 Likes

Ok that makes sense thanks, will be getting a Fly more kit very soon so will follow your advice.

3 Likes