Allow me to introduce myself.

Good morning every one.

My name is Andy and I like airplanes (and drones!). Based in Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK.

I just thought I’s say hi and that I am excited to have found this awesome group. I’m fairly new to drones but have been flying RC gliders and planes since I was a kid with my dad. I also have had a love for flying in general and photography so marrying the two together in a drone is like a dream come true for me.

I’m A2CofC and doing my currently doing my GVC. My flight test was going to be today but alas we have covid in the house and although I’m negative I decided it was best I would also isolate even though I don’t have to.

I’m loving everyones pictures on here and I hope I can offer as much to this group that I am taking from it.

Stay safe everyone and happy flying.

3 Likes

Hi @gimbalflight and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Thank you @milkmanchris. I have added myself to the members map, what a great feature that is! Nice to see a few others nearby too. I’ve been using Drone Scene and have included it as a resource in my Operation Manual too as it’s very useful.

I will continue to have a good read through the forum and hopefully settle in nicely to the group.

Kind regards,

Andy.
@gimbalflight

2 Likes

Checked out your Insta , I see you’re an electric scooter user too :wink:

1 Like

Hi Andy @gimbalflight

Just wanted to say I love your avatar. Very cleverly designed :+1:t2:

1 Like

Welcome. Good find as the guys here friendly and helpful :slight_smile: great combination!

I do enjoy them indeed. I used to have one a couple of years ago but it wasn’t the best and became dangerous. It switched itself off when I was going down a hill and consequently I had no brake so had to jump off otherwise the road was looming! I went back to my Brompton after that.

The scooters on my insta are much better but I don’t own one, yet! Offroad capabilities, 45km range. I met the owner of the company and we had a little fun with my drone. I’m unclear on the rules to advertise on here but they have their own website and a range of scooters. Nice people too.

Andy
@gimbalflight

1 Like

Yay! Thanks @PingSpike I wanted something that hinted towards Drones without it being an actual drone graphic. Glad you spotted the link. :wink:

2 Likes

I saw the subject line and expected to find that you were a man of taste who has been around for a long, long year …

Welcome to GADC :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great response. I hope I don’t disappoint you!

Andy.

Welcome Andy to GADC

1 Like

Hi Andy and welcome to GADC.

1 Like

Here is another welcome to the GADC forums for you.

This time it’s from the bunch of people who run the wide variety of competitions on offer throughout the year . Whether your interests are photography, FPV, video or photo editing we try to provide fun and occasionally challenging contests that anyone can join in with and have a fair chance of winning.

Take a look in the #challenges category for the current and upcoming events or just browse past competitions to get a flavour of what’s on offer. Then join in :slight_smile:

If you have any questions message us - @Challenges_Committee

We are open to suggestions too!

3 Likes

Thanks. Will do!