Disheartened from Crawley

Hi all.
I’ve had my Spark nearly a year. Always used the NATS app and respected others. I live in Crawley next to LGW so have to travel to fly.
I work in London and that’s just a no go area.
At the moment around me the word “Drone” is a bad one. I’m either spying on people or trying to crash planes !! I’ve researched the South East but keep hitting council, National trust, residents committee by laws excluding drones. Don’t think I’ll bother much more with it. Sorry it’s got so difficult to fly in the South East. So any uplifting help gratefully received. Ta Hegs

I live Surrey London boarders there is quite a good few places to fly not to far from you nothing to stop you flying over nat trust just dont take off land on it you have a lot of the south coast to fly loads in kent
as Norman Stanley Fletcher in Porridge used to say “dont let the bastards grind you down”

4 Likes

The thing to remember is, the various killjoy groups do not own the air, the CAA does, and they set the rules. It sounds like you’re a very responsible and considerate flyer, so as @scorps says, if you don’t “trespass” on the killjoy’s land you’re golden.

I find the more research I do at home beforehand on Google Maps & Street View, the better. I try and make a flight plan about where I’m going to park, where to fly from, the flight paths (if possible) to get the best shots, etc, basically anything I can pre-plan that helps me give maximum concentration whilst flying and on my surroundings.

It does take effort though to ensure the best outcome - wouldn’t it be nice if you could just go out and have fun without the hassle? Oh well, we can always dream. Persevere my friend, chin up and good luck.

3 Likes

Let me know if you’re near Hampshire and I’ll show you some spots! Otherwise book a weekend in Scotland and go nuts!!! Keep with it!!!

1 Like