Altitude Angel Drone Assist - New Version

I thought the new version of Drone assist was suppose to launched today. Google play store still has the old one.

I signed up to the beta testing version some months ago. Unless I missed it, I’ve seen no email from them regarding its release today?

Perhaps ask them directly ;o)

Or use our very own and superior DroneScene (that uses the same data, with much more besides)

And it comes with 24hr support too ;o)

2 Likes

I too thought it was being updated today. Just had a look at a local air restriction ( Derby Airfield near Willington) It now says this site is UTM ready. Can anyone explain what this means ? I know it used to give a phone number for Derby Airfield to contact for permission, but now doesn’t

Dronescene still does ;o)

@milkmanchris I have trouble with DroneScene on my phone. It works fine on my laptop, but take ages to load on my phone and then a few minutes before FRZs to show up. Drone assist loads very quickly.

You can submit a request electronically to the airfield via the app.

1 Like

People don’t like talking to each other anymore :rofl:

I must admit I’ve encountered the same issue… Hence why I use Drone Assist.

Is there anyway to make it more response like an App?

Of the 000’s of hits on DroneScene we have very few issues with load/response times.

It goes through extensive testing on all platforms with many browsers.

The issues you encounter are probably device settings at your end

The biggest hurdle with apps is the cost of development and getting them through the various ‘stores’

1 Like

I’m a tester for a private beta app and another restricted preview app. They announce updates and state when it will be released, rarely available as an update when they say it is, usually the next day. Be patient.

Further to what @milkmanchris has said, this screen recording is opening DS with ALL layers on, and navigating to an area where there’s plenty of data on every layer.
This is on a 5 year old mid-range (£395 at the time) phone.

G_20230522_1941263

So, if you’re not getting at least this speed, its most definitely your device and not Drone Scene.

4 Likes

Any clue to what these device settings may be? Because @OldGit62 and myself are suffering from the same issue.

I’m using a 13 Pro Max, not sure if the fellow member is also using an iPhone?

Mine is working at a similar speed as yours

But I have had issues over the last few weeks when it does go extremely slow and that’s on a pc as well as a phone

1 Like

@HantsFlyer No my phone is Android 12

Perhaps if you can screen record as @OzoneVibe has done to show us the issue.

iPhone 12 Pro for me and on my shitty WiFi I’m looking at 10 seconds max to load all the layers on first ‘boot’

1 Like

Hi I’m just Wondering Has anyone received the Update for Drone Assist?

Yes on iOS ……

Ok I’ll charge up the iPhone I’ve got and Try it out Thanks for the Reply

Hi Peran,

Moved to a post that is already discussing the new app