Altitude Angel Drone Assist - New Version

Mine updated overnight

Moved your post here where it’s covered already

Where have you found it ?

My favourite tool on drone scene is the measuring tool, where before I miss calculated how near or far things was, apart from drone scene itself, which has got me where I need too be ! :blush:

Nobody knows :person_shrugging:t2:

They’ve moved a few things around but I didn’t see anything new? :thinking:

Was anything new added? If so, please share :blush:

1 Like

Just looking to see what the update is all about there’s a list of things, while I was looking to see if I could answer your question but I can’t really compare it to the old version, as I don’t really use it, I did notice there is all ready another update tho !

I’m only curious to see if they’ve added any new features, in case they’re useful features that we could build in to Drone Scene :blush:

1 Like

Shall I screen shot the notes ? Or is that of no use ….

@ Gary.at.IOW
I e-mailed them and this was the reply.
I hope you are well; currently, in Google Play the APP release is deployed via a scaled release program which unfortunately we have no control over who receives the update and when. This should be released to all devices very soon.

We thank you for your continued patience and welcome any feedback once received!

Thanks,

Team Altitude Angel

No it’s ok thanks Rich mate, I can see them on the App Store :blush:

At Drone Assist: What's next

it says:
“ Commercial/ Recreational Toggle
Although we treat all drone operations equally, we are aware that currently all flight reports are automatically tagged as Commercial. Although this makes no difference to you as a user, we understand this may be confusing to some Pilots and Organisations. With this in mind, we will be adding in a toggle for you to select your flight type, so your report will be accurate against your reason for your flights.”

@PingSpike My main interest in the new version i

“Drone Assist now features direct connection to Altitude Angel’s UTM platform, providing ‘one-tap flight authorisations’ at connected airports and facilities around the world.”

As I live and often within the FRZ of a UTM connected airport, it will save me keep filling out forms and emailing the to ATC for permission.

How many airports in the UK have they signed up now Gary, do you know? :thinking:

Looking forward to hearing what the response times are like for the various airports that have signed up for this. I’m hoping they respond within 24 hours, rather than several days :see_no_evil:

Keep us posted please @OldGit62 :smiley:

Peran, yesterday I definitely saw it, today I have submitted a flight plan for Thursday evening and to be honest, I couldn’t find the bit about recreational flights. It has came up on drone assist as a commercial flight :open_mouth::open_mouth:
Perhaps the devs need to look at the app again, or expect us not to file flight plans for recreational flights ??? I also noted that on the old version it said that Derby Airfield was UTM ready, now it says it isn’t and gives a contact number again for them. Very strange :thinking::thinking:

I can submit a recreation flight using Dronescene :wink:

1 Like

Yes, but if that flight plan is in an area where you need ATC permission to fly, is that flight plan forwarded to them ? Or does it just appear on dronescene maps ??

Which airports have signed up for this @JockyB ?

Not that I’m stalking you or anything… :grimacing:

The reason I ask, last year when we looked at this with Altitude Angel, there were only two airports in England and one airport in Ireland that supported it - making it not worth our while to code in to Drone Scene.

Hopefully they’ll get to critical mass at some point, and we’ll then jump on building that integration :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah they even send me an email :smiley:

I honestly have not got a clue mate. On Sunday drone assist told me that Derby Airfield were UTM ready ( before that it used to supply a telephone number for the airfield. First thing this morning, I was trying to file a flight plan for Willington and it again said UTM ready. Tonight however, it now says this airfield is not UTM ready and now provides a contact number. As I said , it’s very strange. Might delete the app as it’s obviously no good the way it is .

1 Like