Altitude Angel Drone Assist - New Version

The CAA recently rescinded Swansea Airport’s operating license on safety grounds - incomplete boundary fencing and animals entering the runways. The airport operator was working on rectification actions but have not heard if approvals have been restored.
Refuelling is currently prohibited. Cambrian Air are still operating out of Swansea using their training ticket. They operate Wednesday to Sunday. :+1:

I’ve lost track of the yo-yo licence for Swansea (it was revoked twice in the previous year, re-qualified and revoked again).

They go from operating as a controlled aerodrome to uncontrolled very frequently (TLDR; - the local council and owners haven’t got a clue).

Might submit a UTM on a weekend just to see what, if anything, happens.

Although generally people there fly in 3 cliffs bay inside the FRZ most days. They all rely on DJI Geo and aren’t aware it even exists as its not listed.

Swansea Council have just re-newed the lease with the current operator Swansea Airport Ltd :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

I rest my case… (!)

Then again, look what the WAG have managed to do to Cardiff Airport.

1 Like

My local airfield Hawarden/Broughton is now listed UTM ready.

Noticed that drone assist says Newquay is not UTM ready, yet Altitude Angel says it is!

I thought they used the same data, but maybe not.

Same with Southend Drone assist says NOT, but AA says it is. Southend ATC say it not. I’ll just use drone scene in future.

1 Like