Anglesey Coast

Hi Chaps,

I have tried to post this before but video wouldn’t work. See if it works on Vimeo.

Been very impressed and inspired by the films posted here.

I have been droning a month and this is footage from a trip to Anglesey last week.

Cheers!

11 Likes

I can see your video :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks, really enjoyed the video, good choice of music, smooth flying, well put together!

1 Like

Very nicely put together footage well done and one of my favorite places :+1:

1 Like

Nice video, amazing looking coastline at 0:37, nice flying :+1:t2:

1 Like

Nice video Chris. Very well flown and edited. Funnily enough, I was up there all last week as well. Didn’t we have perfect weather?

1 Like

lol you beat me to it.
Good video mate - now you have joined the group who have sat on a chunk of tectonic plate from millions of years ago.
Its a fine place to sit and ponder.

2 Likes

Yeah, weather was lovely although I wanted to get a closer one of South Stack but it was a tad too blustery by then. I’m new to this so don’t know the limits of me M2P yet. Newborough Beach was lovely as always but a bit overcast. Hey, I’m not complaining!

Might pop back next week. Any excuse to go to Wales :slight_smile:

Frankly, I am loving this droning malarkey.

Thanks for the kind words chaps.

1 Like

I doubt you could fly at South Stack - its in the RAF Valley NFZ as is much of the west coast up from Aberffraw. The M2P will handle things just fine. There are a good few tasty spots on the NE coastline well worth visiting, Just find the old Wylfa Nuclear Power Station on google maps and the whole coastline from there to Penmon Lighthouse is spectacular to fly. Find Cemaes Bay, and go fly over the Tide Bell towards sunset - no hiking involved lol

1 Like

I’ve just had a look at dronsafe and it shows the following:

That means you could take a trip there Ted. Very well worth doing. I will add one as soon as I can get round to editing it.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips mate! I will check out all of those. Penmon Lighthouse is a fave haunt of me and the missus’. Would fancy a tootle over Puffin Island way but I don’t think I have the bottle as yet and looks maybe a bit too far. Very good vid on YT of a chap flying round it.

Weather tomorrow looks perfik. I wonder if I can get out of dog-sitting duties…

1 Like

Other better options are available

1 Like

Brave lad if you have flown there already - I tend to be very “carefree” in such matters but I am aware that Gogarth ( South Stack Cliffs ) is a bird sanctuary or some such ( Im not into birds of the feathered type ) - Knowing how vicious the Anglesey shite hawks are I wouldn’t chance it. Not sure about nesting seasons etc but I am aware the bird watchers get twitchy when a drone is up. I have seen guys wander down the 100 + steps to the lighthouse tho and chance it from there. All in a good days fun - me, I like to explore the quieter places but the big places are spectacular until some plonker starts withering on which tends to bring out the worst in me very quickly lol