Another fish farm

Bastards!

We don’t care about your toy aeroplane being threatened but WILL bring the full weight of the law onto you in saying where and in what manner you can fly it :frowning:

2 Likes

yep

1 Like

That itself gives a certain satisfaction. You should see the size of some of the blokes I’ve defeated with my Tai Chi moves!
:pray:t2:

1 Like

Life ain’t fair, that’s for sure.

Haven’t been buying farmed salmon in more than 6 months now as I find it utterly disgusting how these people treat them. For 5hem it’s a job/business/money. Their greed us beyond belief.

Absolutely, and the escapes and chemicals are decimating the wild stocks.

1 Like

Is this the video used on the Italian exposé?

Good job campaigning on this. Your footage (above and below) is superb, and really does hammer home just what’s going on out there.

Also… I bet you’re glad they didn’t dub you over with an Italian-on-helium like they did that poor Norwegian! :wink:

I watched Seaspiracy on Netflix at the weekend, where the Salmon farming in Scotland is mentioned.

Frightening, harrowing viewing.

2 Likes

Not come across that one… definitely giving it a watch later, ta :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me know what you think, real eye opener for me

For anybody not signed up to the campaign newsletter:

https://www.dipintheblue.org/loch-creran-makes-it-onto-italian-tv

2 Likes

Hi Joe, yes, they used our clips of the thermolicer and some from our Poisoned Loch video. We also did a big interview on the beach but they only used a microsecond of that, felt it was too strong!

Thanks for the kind words. It’s quite tricky sometimes because we live in amongst people who work for fish farms or have relatives who do, so we have to be a bit careful not to ostracise ourselves.

We went out at the weekend and managed to get some gruesome underwater video of fish with great chunks of flesh missing and open wounds. The staff had gone home but it was still a bit nerve wracking, we can only do 4 knots and they have big powerful RIBs!

I put the ROV down but got it caught on an underwater rope. Only just managed to surface, disconnect the cable and pull it back round! Phew!

I’m trying to rip the Italian video and subtitle it but it’s not going terribly well.

1 Like

Thanks for the plug.

Pretty scary stuff. It has stirred up a lot of controversy, but even if 50% of it is true, we’re screwed unless we do something PDQ. I can certainly vouch for the Scottish salmon farm coverage being true. We work a lot with Don Staniford and we’ve seen the fish and mort bins and incinerators. Grisly!