Another Newbie from Wales

Hi all my name is Richard , I live in Pembrokeshire Wales , I have ordered the new DJI Mini 3 Pro , I am just waiting for it to come into stock , I have been watching a few videos recently and decided to get an operators ID from the CAA which I did last night after completing the 40 questions , I realise I don’t really need it with a small drone , but I wanted to do for my own benefit . I also joined the BMFA drone fliers for the price of £40 its good to have the insurance in place . I have never flown a drone before but I am looking forward to it , hopefully I can get to meet some of you over the coming months .

Hi @Rick65 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Welcome Richard to GADC

Enjoy the Mini 3 :clap:

Look forward to seeing some photos or videos.

1 Like

Hi @Rick65 - welcome to GADC from just down the road in Gorseinon :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you is just drones photos I am allowed to put up ?

Not too far then , my daughter is in college there , so I am often up that way .

You can post photos directly but for videos you need to have a YouTube or Vimeo account, post the videos there and then link to GADC. Just use the YT of Vimeo URL - copy past into a new line on its own and you should get a preview thumbnail in GADC too :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Richard, welcome to GADC. I am originally from Pembrokeshire too. Whereabouts are you? Make sure you add yourself to the members map :+1:

2 Likes

Hi I am in Milford Haven

Welcome from the Black Country mate

1 Like

I know it well. I went to Neyland Tech :wink:

1 Like

Thanks

We lived in Neyland for a while .

1 Like

Hi Richard , from Len in Pontypridd, hope you enjoy the forum, fly safe cheers Len

1 Like

Thanks Len