Anthem Of The Seas - Off Old Harry Rocks

Took the drone out today to film this ship off Old Harry Rocks … almost lost the drone (Details over in the Mavicpilots forum for those interested and it ended up in a bush about 200 yards away from me but fortunately not in the sea!

9 Likes

Nice shots. Very impressed. What happened? Did it run out of juice?

had 60% battery left to return with … made a couple of errors and only just brought it home …battery time reduced to 21 minutes due to mistakes i made that used up the juice … still it came back…

1 Like

Do you have a YouTube channel as love to more of your videos to give me an idea where else that I could go to. I went to Fort Henry Bunker near old Harry Rocks yesterday it’s the bunker Mr Churchill watched the build up to D-Day :+1:t2:

Click the youtube link in the preview box (bottom right hand corner)

1 Like

Which drone were you using, @Gkinghrn? That ship looks a very long way out. Nice results though!

“Anthem of the Seas”?

2 Likes

Well spotted.

:wink:

Are they stationed there because of COVID?

As per many other posts on here, they’ve been dotted along the south coast since April.

P&O Cruises extends pause in operations to April 2021 (cruisetradenews.com)

2 Likes

2.25 Miles out that one at the time …

Using the MA2

thanks

1 Like

Ive done a bunch of stuff around Southbourne - Hengistbury head / Mudeford Spit / Mudeford itself / Hurst castle up at Milford on sea / Southbourne/Boscombe beach / Weymouth and Ringstead too for the ships also done some stuff around the Harbour at Christchurch … A few things on the Youtube channel

I used to have the MM but it simply wasnt cutting it with the wind round here and the MA2 is much more capable on the coast.

I clicked on the bottom right but no YouTube link came up :+1:t2:

Wow! That’s quite a distance! Good job you were able to retrieve it!

Title amended, cheers Terry

1 Like

has a bunch of odds and ends but latterly its been drone stuff…

Thanks for giving me the idea for my next vid!

1 Like

Having before the MA1, this bird plays in a different league. Amazing that you got that far.

in my experience thats pretty much what i’d consider a safe distance to spend 5 minutes shooting stuff and , usually , enough juice to get home with about 20% in the tank…

1 Like