Anyone here use those DJI goggles?

Be interesting to know if anyone has real-world experience using the DJI goggles instead of phones etc.

I see that DJI have just announced new “racing goggles”, which may mean the original goggles may come down in price soon. I tried a FatShark back in my Phantom days, and was pretty impressed with it. I’m tempted to ask santa for the goggles - well, I have been good all year after all…

I’ve tried various goggles (not DJI) with my Mavic and Shield and all were great but the Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses are the best so far.

They give you the best of both worlds if you add the Rochester Solitaire kit to them as you can fly totally blacked out or, with the front cover off, still keep an eye on your drone when it’s close…

I have the DJI Goggles and I love em. Shame they didn’t make them black like the ones they’ve just Braught out.

DJI GOOGLES - In Black And RACE MODE

How Is That @Ashmav

But DJI don’t make racing drones? :smiley:

Or am I missing something here?

I have the DJI goggles and think they’re great.

@PingSpike - they do/did but they aren’t/weren’t well received by the racing fraternity

Wonder if you have to pay tax’s when they come into the Uk??

If bought on-line, say, and posted from outside the EU then yes tax and import duty are liable and automatically charged by HMIRC - furthermore Royal Mail, usually the carrier, hold onto the item until you collect it from a main sorting office and pay a handling fee on top :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: of those charges. The total amount payable works out normally around 20-25% of the original purchase price.

Place your order on the DJI store but select to pay in UK Pounds and the order will come from DJI EUROPE BV, In this situation all fees and taxes are covered By DJI EUROPE BV . thats what my order said for the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum.

DJI STATE http://www.dji.com/support/purchase#payment_method and hit the Shipping and Delivery tab.

“Customs fees and VAT are already included in the product price when purchasing products from our online store. However, you may be asked to pay a charge by local shipping agents. If you encounter this situation, we strongly advise you not to pay them, and contact our online sales support at https://www.dji.com/support .Dedicated staff will be available to help you.”

2 Likes

This Was Released 2 days ago @PingSpike I think @Ashmav might like these

Well I’ve manages to get hold of a pair of the black beauty’s as hoping to get into building and racing my own racing quod next year. :+1: I’m coming up to 40 next week so thought sod it I’ll sell a kidney :grimacing:

1 Like

HAPPY BIRTH DAY @Ashmav For Next Week

I am sure you ail really enjoy the Investment, we never even dreamed of such things back in the day. Kites and paper Bl**dy Planes. So One person enjoyed one my postings ( I have nothing to do with DJI other than like @Ashmav I have spent on some stunning DJI Products in the last few weeks. No Regrets even though my new Mavic Pro Platinum is going to stay unopened until summer time. When might your DJI GoGGles Arrive ?

What? What? What? You’re not going to use it until summer? :exploding_head: I can’t wait for the ice and snow and getting up onto the moors for some dramatic shots :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

I’m sure the goggles are fantastic with the Mavic and other DJI drones, but not convinced about using them on racing drones.

The transmitter required doesn’t look very small or light (compared the standard racing versions as small as 28x20x8mm or so and only weighing 5-10g). Plus the latency, whilst much improved at 50ms is still 5x that typical 10ms for a good racing setup…

1 Like

PM in you mail Box @BCF

Looks like you know your Stuff Ash I am working on some on the Ground shoots with Other DJI Items. I too bit the Bullet and am Selling One kidney and an Eyes that way I only need Mono GoGGle DJI do not make one sadly.

Thanks very much :slightly_smiling_face:. What!!! You must have some pretty special toys not to open the Mavic up for a spin. The Google’s are coming from Dji eu and it says 7-10 days. Your right tech has come a long way and must say I am enjoying it :grin:

They must be!

I’ve got PlayStation VR and it’s mind blowing! I’ve also used a ‘VR Cave’ at work which was also pretty cool, but the googles must make you feel like you’re actually IN the drone?! :smiley:

I’ve played cod battlefield field through them and that was pretty impressive but using them through the Mavic is the nuts.

2 Likes

@Ashmav - you are so right.

2 Likes