Anyone here use those DJI goggles?

Well, thanks to @ashnav I now have some goggles.
And I bloody LOVE them. The head tracking is nothing short of magic; gimbal control seems to be way smoother than using the console. Even though I may look like a total wazzock from afar when tracking!

Thanks Ash!

2 Likes

No worries Dave. Was good to meet you.
we’ll have to get together for a fly about soon. :+1:

So is it just like virtual reality?!

We’re gonna have to organise a meetup so we can all do a show and tell with all our accessories and gadgets :smiley:

It’s not the same as VR but pretty close if you use head tracking and gimbal control together.

Yeah you need to try a pair on really. I have the head tracking set on hi sensitivity and it’s pretty responsive to your head movements :sunglasses:

So whereabouts are you, then, PingSpike? Maybe we should arrange a post-xmas meet…

Up in sunny Wigan :+1:

We could have another meet up Rich where you could try my Goggles.

Just come through the door :+1:
Not enough power to fire them up though :confused:
Just need a fpv quad now

2 Likes

@Ashmav, how are you getting on with your race edition? I’ve notification that mine have been shipped. Have you tried them with other types of VTX?

Regards

Merry Christmas!!! :grin:. Sorry for the late reply Njoro. Goggles are superb. Only used them on the Mavic I’m afraid but I am going to buy me a racing quad in The new year. Just looking at my options at the moment.

1 Like

Merry Christmas to you too, I’m hoping to get mine on Tuesday or Wednesday; as for a racing Drone I have got a Night Hawk 220 but I want to go smaller. I’m thinking of the Diatone it has been getting good reviews, here is a link also lots of reviews on YouTube.

https://m.banggood.com/Diatone-2018-GT-R90-FPV-Racing-Drone-F4-Integrated-OSD-TBS-VTX-G1-600TVL-Camera-15A-BLHeli_S-ESC-PNP-p-1213213.html?rmmds=search

1 Like

Thanks for that fella. Definitely Be watching plenty of YouTube vids on what’s out there

So I’ve had time to play with the RE edition but not flown yet. I’ve fired up my Emax Night Hawk Pro and after a bit of fluffing about I got a picture, the video was a bit grainy when I used my Fatshark LH antenna. I changed the antenna for the provided DJI one and the picture/video was greatly improved.

The niggle with the DJI antennas is they are RP-SMA but I got around this issue as I’ve always done which is to cut a dress pin from her indoors sewing kit and insert it into the antenna SMA connector.
I had quite an issue when it came to activating the OcuSync Air, first I was on an old DJI software V1.1.6 which I last used to activate my White Goggles.
I downloaded the latest software but whenever I connected the OcuSync it went straight to update the firmware, not knowing whether this was the correct procedure I kept trying but it kept hanging up at 52%.
I watched the activation video which was easy enough to follow I tried using my other Laptop but to no avail; I decided to uninstall the software and only after uninstalling installing three times did it work.
The Video quality from the OcuSync is awesome, to say the least, which for me means the Night Hawk will see more action now.
“As an added bonus the OcuSync does link up with the White Goggles”
My white Goggles will be up for sale, having had only one flight with them.

1 Like

If / when we finally get a meet up sorted, Amy goggles owners willing to let me have a go??

I’m a massive PSVR fan so these sound amazing :open_mouth:

@PingSpike - I’m a massive DJI Goggles fan and I’m currently seriously looking at my wife getting me/buying it myself a PSVR starter kit for my birthday in 4 weeks.

Perhaps we could meet up at yours and try our respective goggles early in the New Year?

If I do make it to a meet, you’re more than welcome to try mine.

1 Like

your welcome to try my race editions

also we should think about a competition for the meet up or before?

Id like to offer a new GoPro Hero 5 as a prize.

2 Likes