Apple iPad Mini 2 suitable for running GO4 app?

Is the I Pad mini 2 compatable with the Mavic Air and the DJI Go4 app, if so is it possible to transfer flight details and settings from an Android phone to it?
Thanks.

Flight details should sync with those uploaded on Android.

Settings ….

SOME settings will have been retained in the Mavic Air and will appear the same on the new device (Video resolution, fps, MP4/Mov, etc, RTH height … and others).

SOME settings are app settings, and will need resetting.

I keep meaning to do a list of which do, and which don’t, change.

iPad Mini 2.

Compatible? Yes.

Recommended? No…

While it will work, the Mini 2 is at the absolute limit of resources required to run GO4 smoothly.

You’ll experience lots of warnings mid-flight about the device resources being maxed out.

If you need an Apple tablet, buy something newer / higher spec’d.

3 Likes

Which one would you recommend, would a Samsung do the job?

iPad mini4

4 Likes

:point_up:t2:

Thank you.

Get one of these, Nvidia K1 Shield, it also works with DJI goggles or TV via it’s mirror feature enabling one to play games on both.
I also use it for flying my Parrot Disco FPV Drone, with a choice of 720P or 1080P…:+1:

Link to one on sale.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F333311391022

Cheers I will take a look.

Hi

I am currently using iPad 3 mini 16gb and it is working perfectly. You may also want to get a 250mm long usb to lightening cable (90 degree connection at both ends).

I found with the iPad 3 mini and the 250mm cable is the best setup for me. You can also record the iPad screen during flight using the iPad record function.

You can get a good second hand iPad mini 3 for around a ÂŁ100 and the cable for about ÂŁ2 to ÂŁ3 each.

1 Like

Hi, Marco / @marconunes22, and welcome to GADC! :+1:

If you have a moment, pop over to #introductions and tell us a little about yourself. :slight_smile:

Many thanks,

Do you have a link for the cable?

Regards

Norman

From: “marconunes22 via Grey Arrows Drone Club UK” forums@greyarro.ws
To: njpelz@btinternet.com
Sent: Sunday, 1 Sep, 2019 At 16:25
Subject: Re: Apple iPad Mini 2 suitable for running GO4 app?

marconunes22
1 September
Hi

I am currently using iPad 3 mini 16gb and it is working perfectly. You may also want to get a 250mm long usb to lightening cable (90 degree connection at both ends).

I found with the iPad 3 mini and the 250mm cable is the best setup for me. You can also record the iPad screen during flight using the iPad record function.

You can get a good second hand iPad mini 3 for around a ÂŁ100 and the cable for about ÂŁ2 to ÂŁ3 each.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Kind regards

Norman Pelz

Hi

I brought two of this cable a while ago and it is just perfect for my setup. The cable is just long enough to connect the controller to the iPad with a little spare just enough to tuck inside the slot on the controller at the back of the iPad.

Just to confirm I am not the seller for this cable or have any association to the seller.

There are other seller selling the same cable but different colour. I just like the red because I have a white mavic Pro and red looks nice with the white drone and the iPad I have :blush::ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Many thanks.

1 Like

I like that am searching for a good I Pad then will purchase one thanks again.

Take your time looking for an iPad. Don’t rush as you may find a bargain on eBay.

No worries. Glad I can help. Let me know if you need more info.

Oh i also brought these too which I found to be quite good as it helps to lift the drone off the ground a little bit. Just enough so that the inlet vent and the gimbo are off the ground.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153024042148

Hi,

Now have I Pad Mini 4, have tested on short flight in garden and works well, have orederd two of the leads that you suggested and a friend has instructed me on how to use the hot spot procedure that I was not aware of.

Again many thanks for your input and help.

Kind regards

Norman

3 Likes

Good decision Norman.

I’ve flown with mine for 2 years now and it’s never let me down.