Article 16 questions

Simon has been an active member on here since 2019

If you do a search on Fpvuk there are plenty of posts and many about article 16

1 Like

Wow it is a bit obvious but I did not think to check

1 Like

We also have a few members that are examiners

https://greyarro.ws/t/fpvuk-examiners-certificate-of-competency-practical/13629?u=sparkyws

Yes I’ve been an active member of fpv UK for over 2 years now but I’ve been flying for over 20 years and that’s almost every day so I’m more that a little obsessed. :rofl:

1 Like

So are most of us on here :wink:

1 Like

Hi Paul

There are two slightly different things, relating to ‘recreational’.

1. The Article 16 OA can only be used if the purpose of your flight is recreational. (It cannot be used for commercial operations).

2. It is not the case that you can only fly in an area that is a built-up area, used only for recreational purposes. You can fly in any suitable area (AND a built-up area, that is used only for recreational purposes - if supported by a risk assessment).

All the best

Simon (Dale)

2 Likes

Yes I’m everywhere always promoting and helping although I do feel that there is more that enough helpers in here. So I do not speak as much in here but I got invited to a meet recently and my interest has grown and I spend more time in here lately. How your flying going did you get that airplane?

Yes correct there are obviously things that can’t be said in a few sentences as article 16 is more complicated that that. Yes there is lot more to it like a different set of rules for fly at a club and going over 400ft but I’m not going to go into it all here unless you want me to of course. They is also dropping items for the drone which is illegal normally but is permitted under article 16.:+1:

1 Like

These answers have nothing to do with the original question that’s why I never mention them. In any questions there is going to be bits that are not mentioned although its still important obviously. If he asked for a full explanation on the whole lot I would of probably used a link to the fpv UK website but I thought he was asking about separation distances so I limited my answers to that. funny enough I think I upset Chris Bradbury for being to vague and not explaining enough so I guess this is what happening here.:+1:

Hi Paul

It was just the part where you said this, that I wanted to clarify:

That’s not true.

All the best

Simon

1 Like

Aah yes it’s my English it’s supposed to say all other area are off limits so yes your correct and it’s my English that is letting me down down. I’ve got a funny idea that you already know this as we have spoke for sometime now and my writing is crap. I still did not realise what I said wrong until you last comment pointed it out. I don’t know that to do now. Do I correct or leave it.:rofl::rofl: Thanks for pointing it out and yes it’s a big mistake.:+1:

Thanks. How embarrassing o well I’ll get over it. My English is so bad I’m am a little surprised that I do not make these mistake more often. I normally proof read my stuff but I completely missed that silly mistake. Thanks again.:+1:

1 Like

yes I know there are more mentors and examiners it’s on the website but did not realise that they would be in here. Which now thinking about it is a bit obvious that there would be some in here just never put the two together or had reason to even consider it until now. Are you a mentor and examineer and are they all in here?

Why? It’s the premium drone club and forum

No not yet but am considering it

Yes some are, there is a badge you can search for it

https://greyarro.ws/t/fpvuk-examiners-certificate-of-competency-practical/13629?u=sparkyws

@monkeyass0374 Why are you not an examiner?

2 Likes

Ok cool I was just wondering really as it would be nice to talk to other mentors and examiners. I’ve been a mentor and examiner for a little while now but I’ve not passed anyone yet. I do have one person who when ready is going for the cofc so I will have one soon I hope.:+1:

I am Peter and live near Bristol. I passed my A2CofC in late 2020 and then came across FPV UK and Article 16. The various sets of rules were confusing so I drafted some diagrams to help me understand the differences, for different weights of legacy drones (I had a Spark and now an Air2S). To help clarify some points I contacted Simon and he kindly explored some scenarios with me. He liked my diagrams and developed them into the FPV UK Infographics. I am pleased to have contributed to them and thank Simon for the great work he does with the CAA.

3 Likes

Yes my name is Paul Robertson so you can see if my name is on the fpv UK websites. It is. I’m in Bournemouth are you near by?

Fair play they look great. I still find to fascinating that out of you blue I speak to someone that made a doc that I’ve been giving out a lot. Sorry if it sounds stupid. I just assumed Simon did them. Nice to speak to you.:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

I’ve not done the fpv uk cofc myself yet but I do want to but I’ve have had no one that will do it for me.:+1:
I have the A2 cofc and I’m halfway through my GVC now. I started with helicopter over 20 years ago so have flying experience. Just need to slow down for the camera and fight the child in me to go full throttle. :rofl:

Gutted your link to other mentors and examiners is not working. It must be for members only because I can’t see it.:+1: