As spotted on the Norfolk/Suffolk border on Sunday afternoon

Pretty enough car but that V6 sounded rough as arse and this particular one while carrying a UK plate was LHD in US spec and appeared to have the same starting problem as Doc Brown’s as it clattered it’s way back to life when leaving the pumps

9 Likes

What a beauty :star_struck:

These always remind me of the old Lotus Esprit from the 80s :blush:

(apart the gull wing doors, of course)

5 Likes

There’s reasons for that

2 Likes

The “Colin Chapman” factor.

2 Likes

Something something Ital Design

1 Like

No way?

You learn something new every day :blush:

2 Likes

Love them. Win lottery and would love something like that. There are certain cars that I have always wanted to own but just know they are so unpractical you could never use it.

Then again I grew up with Knight Rider, and Street Hawk. Had a few bikes but cars have to be practical for me and whilst being transport have to do a job. Lottery win… Well that car for lumping crap about, wheelchairs and all sorts. That one for a cruise. Pop in a mini digger in the list to get the garden done. However no lottery win so our MPV is a multi tasker. Bringing the same one back to the meet as the new one just has no room for all the stuff and then there. The boot on the new one has wierd shape under the panels and has the car battery there to start the engine used ot charge wherever the rest of the batteries hide. When ordering it last year we did think it was practical (forgetting about the stupid centre console that cars have now). However when the three years are over this one will go back. Just looking back and that Turbo Esprit. Imagine trying to keep the wheels clean. That would be a job. Love the look though.

1 Like

I’ve been round Snetty racetrack in a fettled Delorean as a passenger. The driver was wearing a shit eating grin the entire time he was behind the wheel. BTTF was the reason he bought it, he was living the dream.

On a lottery win of reasonable proportion it would be a white Lotus Esprit S1 in white (accept no alternative) smallish proportion would be a fettled Delorean and if it was silly money it would be a black & white Bell 222A helicopter and a fuel card.

1 Like

Ital never used to mention the bastard child but time heals all wounds

1 Like

So whilst they look real good. Are they comfortable to be a passenger. I heard that some cars like this are not comfortable to drive or be a passenger

1 Like

I’ve never been in an S1, however the Delorean I rode in was comfortable given it’s age. Very reclined

1 Like

True, age does make a big difference. We were watching Knight Rider the other days and commented how the seats look blown up like an air bed lol

1 Like

There’s all sorts of fun to be had watching Knight Rider. Note the headrest when Michael isn’t there and KITT is driving, cleverly hiding the stunt driver and in some stunts it’s a beach buggy with the same wheelbase & a rubber body shell on.

189514_900

2 Likes

Although one I was was not so clever. The seat was twice the size, I caught it at the give away angle, however for it’s day it was very clever how it was done. It was a shame that street hawk did not take off with more episodes. Rex Smith recently wanted to bring it back.

1 Like

I never took to Street Hawk, it’s OK, I’ll watch it but Airwolf was always my thing. Still is

1 Like

The car you saw at the pumps, you can see it was looked after. Looks in good condition. Good spot.

1 Like

It was a bit rumbly when it drove away but externally it was beautiful

Engine work needed?

Little bit tinny

Not the noise I expected.