Autel Evo II 2 leak - Now not a leak!

Soooooo…

Much as I’m an Autel fan, I probably won’t be recommending Autel Care to anyone now that all the details have been finalised and announced :confused:

First up, you have to buy the Care package itself, that’ll be USD$189 please :grimacing:

With the care package now yours, the first replacement drone will cost you $169 and the second replacement will cost $199.

If you live outside the USA you’ll also need to pay the shipping cost of your drone, with the controller, back to Autel in America. So you can probably add what, another £80 odd quid (insured) to that?

Granted, these prices are for the Evo 2 6K Pro model, but even so, I personally think that’s horrendously expensive.

Another downside… if you don’t register the care package within 48hrs of activating your drone, you have to send the drone to Autel for inspection! DJI just need a video showing your drone in full working condition, right? :man_shrugging:

The only potential plus to that is that drone-activation has only just been introduced, so most of us will be able to handle that 48hr window easily.

Advantages over DJI? Only one that I can see, you’ll get your own actual drone repaired and sent back, not just some off the shelf refurb.

My recommendation would be to buy some insurance instead of an Autel Care package :confused:

Related links, should anyone need more information:

And:

1 Like