Autumn Panos

Some panos from a few trips this past week to capture some autumn colours. I seemed to have got hooked on 3 image panos, I noticed this week that every time I took a photo I’d then shoot one to the left and right of the original composition.
Scott’s View, Melrose, Scottish Borders.

Castle Campbell, Dollar Glen.

Glen Ogle Viaduct, Perthshire. - shot on my Fuji XT3

Castle Campbell, Dollar Glen.

Castle Campbell, Dollar Glen - shot on my Fuji XT3.

16 Likes

What a lovely set of images. The directional light really brings out the lovely autumn colours too.

2 Likes

More fantastic images John you’ve definitely captured Autumn in these! #favouritetimeofyear #panoaddict #keepthemcoming :grin:

1 Like

awesome shots :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great shots - nicely composed and balanced :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Robert. Yes the light was definitely worth waiting 3 hours for.

Thanks Steve. Definitely my favourite time of the year too, hopefully get a few more trips in before the colour has all gone.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff.

Thanks Geoff.

Absolutely bloody stunning images !!! Just excellent :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Ted :+1:t2:

1 Like

Beautiful part of the world and very nice images :+1:t3:

1 Like

Thanks Luke :+1:t2:

Very nice panos. I really like the second one.

1 Like

Thanks, the second one is my favourite too.

John, what do you use to edit and frame your shots? To get frames like yours im having to edit in lightroom before transferring to snapseed to then add the frames.

1 Like

I create them in Photoshop using layers Steve. If you use Photoshop I can send you a note of the steps?
Once you have done it once, it can be saved as a Photoshop action for use in the future.

The more I look at some of the awesome photos on this site the more I realise it’s the drone photography side I’m drawn to the most, videos are very cool if you have the time for post editing but I think finding a cool destination to shoot and getting it all just right plus having the opportunity to fly a drone whilst doing all that is amazing. I love it, I think I might be investing in some photo editing SW…any recommendations?
Happy to learn how to do it all properly but assume I’m a beginner looking for the starter package.

1 Like

Snapseed on your mobile device is a great place to start.

1 Like

I’ve only ever used Photoshop. I use it daily for my job and have been using it since it’s very early days, so haven’t really looked at anything else. A Photoshop/Lightroom subscription is about £9 a month, but you can get Photoshop Elements which is non-subscription.