Backpack recommendations?

Any recommendations for a back pack with enough padding protection for a drone MA.
Looked at a couple of case etc but prefer a backpack for hiking

A lot may depend on your budget…

GPC get great reviews (on here), as do LowePro.

Were you specifically wanting something with moulded foam? Is a decent ruck sack to put the items in smaller shell-type cases an option?

Yes more along the lines of a decent backpack to put the small case in, had a look at a few with moulded inserts but there more like a case on your back

I have a Tamrac Anvil 27 Professional which holds everything I want to do with Drones and Cameras.
and ,holds my 15" laptop.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tamrac-Anvil-Backpack-DSLR-Camera/dp/B00X5LHGG2

Had a look at the 17 but a bit more bulkier than i need, i do a bit of running with it so need to be more light weight

1 Like

My go-to bag at the moment is an older version of the Lowepro Fastpack BP 250. It might be a bit big for what you’re after, but with the right setup of the inserts in the shell, it comfortably holds the M2P, controller, DSLR and a couple of lenses (including a chunky Canon 100-400EF). The top half then comfortably holds a couple of spare batteries, some filters and there’s plenty of room left for other odds and ends (or lunch). There are a couple of small compartments that I use to keep controller cables and small bits and pieces.

If that’s too bulky, my ‘travelling’ backpack is a Vanguard Kinrey Lite 48.

The shell doesn’t hold quite as much as the Lowepro, but there’s enough space to safely fit the M2P, controller and batteries. The top compartment doesn’t have any compartments. One thing I like about this one for travelling is the shell comes out and the bag folds flat, so I put the camera/lenses in the shell in a bigger carry-on bag, fold this into my main luggage, and I can get more on a plane without paying for extra baggage. Also, if I’m likely to be in and out of shops (doing the tourist thing) it’s smaller than the Lowepro so as I am quite clumsy I’m less likely to sweep china off shelves when I turn around.

Mostly it’s just really light material. It’s many, many years old and I can only find it for sale abroad, but Wex has a few Vanguard backpacks which look quite nice and if they’re anything like the same quality for light weight I may be tempted myself.

This is mine, its just a laptop backpack. Does the job as its got loads of room for accessories and my tablet and landing pad :+1:

Like @JoeC, I currently use one of my DSLR camera bags and mine is the Lowepro Fastpack BP 150. It’s neat and small and varies just what I need for the day when hiking/biking but not much more ie snacks, etc.

I’ve asked Santa

2 Likes

I got this on Prime day for about £30 but even at full price of £45 its worth it. Loads of space for Mavic pro and all the gubbins that go with it. All in all an excellent backpack Amazon.co.uk

I use a Manfrotto Street Backpack
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Manfrotto-Street-Backpack-for-Camera/dp/B0152X9JHY/ref=asc_df_B0152X9JHY/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310171959482&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12002368603407531347&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046988&hvtargid=pla-442206494101&psc=1&th=1&psc=1
Can’t fault it. Perfect size for Mavic Pro/Air and the padding is very configurable. Lots of room for stuff in the top section and it’ll take a 15" laptop down the back. Every time I take it out I love using it.
A bit miffed because I paid about £120 a couple of years ago.

Amazon Basics DLSR Bag

About £35 but often on offer, its my goto holiday bag, fits all the camera gear, drone and gopro stuff that ill need for a trip as well as my 15" MacBook Pro. Comes with loads of dividers as well as rain proof cover.

Fits all carry on requirements, even the crappy budget airlines.

1 Like

I’ve got the same bag, think you might have recommended it at some point.

Great quality for the price.

I really love the DJI fly more bag but use this as well when taking more than just the drone.

1 Like

I use ThinkTank bags. One for all my DSLR stuff and one for the Phantom. This has movable compartments that can be made to suit the drone/batteries etc. Very strong, good carrying straps and has a tuck away waterproof cover. Excellent but not cheap.