Bah.. mavic mini down

Ahh! Not sure why it’s in ft I’m usually metres. I’ll have to have a look on airdata and get it into proper units! And it is pretty amazing how much data you can get from it. They certainly log a fair amount of info about your flight. It’s pretty fascinating. May subscribe to that site as it looks like you can get even more data from them if you do.

I heard back from Coverdrone this morning, they’ve arranged with Heliguy to inspect it and I suppose they’ll make a decision whether to replace, repair or something else after it’s been with them. I’m sure it’s repairable - it doesn’t look to have much/any damage beyond the gimbal. Even the props look “ok”. I haven’t turned it on since though. I’ll leave it as it is for now.

They did ask for the logs - in as far as in the claim form said to upload any videos, logs, photos etc. so I thought I’d just give them the lot. I don’t feel like there’s anything incriminating on the log - it was in a fly zone, just a bit of stupidity on my part for not looking behind me. That’ll learn me!

Here you go wind speed calculation from DJI

https://www.dronenerds.com/videos/dji-tutorial-video-how-to-measure-the-wind-speed-during-flight.html

1 Like

Cheers! I’ll have a look at that.

There was a thread recently where a member had his declined as insurers said he was too close to a building (his own house).

They will try worm their way out if they can

Yes unfortunately this is true, but if you have been careful and flying as Alistair has been then hopefully they will honour his claim. I don’t think there is anything in the log that will go against him. If the wind was going to take it away it would have been away from the trees.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised if they said you weren’t maintaining VLOS as your’re not looking at the drone in the video. The DJI instructions say to hit the RTH button to stop if the drone gets too close to trees etc

Any stick input (I believe) stops a quick shot

1 Like

I’d argue that he has a spotter :wink:

Your spotter wasn’t watching the drone either.

2 Likes

How did it go? Have you heard anything back on the claim?

1 Like

Sure he was… Just his head was pointing in a different direction to his eyes :rofl:

2 Likes

Yep! It’s on its way to Heliguy to get looked at - I guess they’ll probably try to repair it which I’m sure won’t be too tricky, it wasn’t badly damaged other than the gimbal. So hopefully that’ll be sorted soon and I’ll be flying again. Not that I can with the weather we’re dealing with at the moment…

Any further news on your repair?

Apparently Heliguy has just received it this morning so maybe they’ll get to look at it today. Waiting to hear from them now. :crossed_fingers:

Any reason you went with Heliguy for the repair @welly ?

Oh, that was Coverdrone’s choosing - after submitting the insurance claim, they said Heliguy would be in touch for inspection/repair.

1 Like

All sorted.

5 Likes

:clap:t2:

Out of interest, I’m assuming Heliguy will repair your actual drone?

And not just issue a boxed refurb like DJI Refresh does?

I’m not 100% sure but I’m guessing that it’ll be replaced rather than fixed if I’m reading the email properly. And not sure if it’ll be an entirely new box or just the drone. I’ve still got the batteries/controller etc. so wouldn’t need all those (but spares would be nice!)

2 Likes