Ballytiglea Bridge, River Barrow

The River Barrow is the border between the counties of Carlow and Kilkenny. The next bridge, 7km downstream, is at Graiguenamanagh, as photographed by Jason @Acedrone. Photo taken at dusk on Sunday with Mini 2.

7 Likes

Did you find it very windy that day? in some placeless that day i did

Saturday was far too windy to fly, we went to Duckett’s Grove because I was hoping to get some photos but there was no way I’d have put a drone up in that gale. Sunday was not too bad, there were gusts, but it was manageable - I was able to get the drone up at Inistioge and Ballytiglea, though by the time we got to Ballytiglea it was on the edge of darkness. The b&b we stay at is right beside the bridge so The Barrow towpath, Graiguenamanagh and St. Mullin’s are all only a short trip away and I’ll be back to get the photos I missed. The shot you took of Graiguenamanagh was the exact shot I have been planning to take for a while now. I’m guessing you took it from near the bridge on the opposite side of the river from the Waterside Guesthouse?

I took off from the lock oppisit Tinnahinch Castle and followed the river to the bridge at about 13:00hrs it was calm then .
I was staying near Bunclody at my mums who moved their January just before lock down in March so it was the first time I’ve seen her in 23 months

1 Like

I just missed you then, we passed through Graig about 12.30 on the way to Inistioge. I’ve done that bit of the Barrow Way before but haven’t had the chance to do any drone footage yet. It’s a great place to visit. This was done a while back with an Osmo Pocket but needs revisited with the Mini 2.

2 Likes

That’s a lovely video the place looks exactly the same

1 Like

Thanks Jason, we love it there and travel down as often as we can, usually three or four times a year. :+1:

1 Like

Lovely video, very creative if the static parts were done with a drone. I enjoyed it and got lots of ideas to try myself. Thank you.

Thanks Abby. The panos were done last weekend with the Mini 2. The video was taken a couple of years ago with an Osmo Pocket. Some of it was taken from the motte in St Mullins looking down over the River Barrow and the part in the old church that looks like drone footage was done by me walking along the graveyard wall. I had the Mavic Pro with me then but it was too close to people so I didn’t fly it. I intend to go back again with the Mini 2 which can be flown there. :smiley:

1 Like