Humber Bridge - Added to Bridges in Yorkshire and the Humber

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Park at the Humber Bridge car park

TOAL from the river’s edge

Used for a GADC meet-up on 18/09/22

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 18/09/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

I’ve flown here too @Sparkyws :grin:

2 Likes

Woww … so impressive !

1 Like

If I wanted to fly under the Humber Bridge would I have to get permission.

No.

2 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes

And the footage from the Hull Meet yesterday - Sunrise footage first, more to follow later in the week…

2 Likes

And the daylight footage from last weekend…

2 Likes

Well, I have just been told by 2 traffic officers that I can’t fly near the bridge. I showed him drone assist and explained the bridge wasn’t in a flight restriction area and he checked with base but they said no as well.

Oh dear all you naughty naughty people flying around there :thinking:

1 Like

People in uniform with no authority

Park at the cafe just avoid the car park, I’d walk left under the bridge and out of the way

1 Like

Why not? :thinking:

Ive uploaded a video. I had to stop phone recording as I brought up drone assist.
He went onto say it is a protected area that they lease, so I informed him he doesn’t own the airspace but he said again that it is down to the land owner?
I already had my footage so gave up trying to find out more.

Drone assist doesn’t show the humber bridge as a no fly zone, just as a zone that may raise security concers.

@GreyFive Andy is this right, no helipops allowed near bridge ?

2 Likes

Full of shit, jobs worths who ain’t got a clue what they’re saying. They are literally being told what to say by the pencil pushers back at base who have even less of a clue. I’d of reminded them that its an offence to distract a UAV operator and if he still had an issue with me flying their to call the plod and request to speak to their drone unit on the matter. :+1:t2:

1 Like

I even told him to mention my drone was sub 250gm to control but that still didn’t convince them that different rules apply.
He hadn’t even heard of DroneAssist though so he would deffo be clueless about the latest drone laws

1 Like

As far as I know there’s no restrictions for GA pilots in helicopters (or fixed wing) other than the general rules for flying in the UK.

Checking the flight planning software I normally use there’s nothing permanent or temporary showing for the time being that I can see to prevent flight around the bridge while observing the usual 500 ft rule. A concise resource for pilots here is the ‘Skyway code’ (The Skyway Code | Civil Aviation Authority), pages 59-61 show our basic responsibilities:

Essential Rules of the Air.pdf (451.8 KB)

I’ve personally flown over and around the Humber Bridge many times, indeed I did so earlier this year when the Grey Arrows had a meeting there - I tried to find you lot but I think you’d already moved on by the time I arrived :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes