Belize

I have been fortunate to end up working in Belize for 8 weeks… I packed my Mini and Air and arrived here… where I was told in no uncertain terms I couldn’t fly and then how eye watering the fine was… being up in a helicopter fairly often I can just imagine how good it would have been…

Problem is that the drug smugglers use drones to scout ahead so the Belize Defence Force love shooting them down…

It’s a real shame it is a beautiful country…

6 Likes

That’s unfortunate - shame to miss out on such an opportunity but lucky you found out in advance - could have got expensive.
Enjoy your trip - would really like to see some photos - no-drone obviously :+1: :+1: :+1:

Did jungle warfare at BATSUB and definitely back then a wee mini 2 in the backpack been handy but unsure how it would handle the humidity.

1 Like

I’m Sailfish Recce at BATSUB so more time around Manatee. But would have risked the humidity for some of the pics…

1 Like

I’ll see what I get but some amazing views

1 Like

Not a bad place to be in these times…enjoy.

One of the best places in the world, Enjoyed the snorkeling on R&R and plenty of rum :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::beers::beer::beers::beer::nauseated_face::face_vomiting: and plenty of :poop::poop::poop:

Yes worse places to be… bit of Caye Caulker. Lots or rum and belikin for food a few times a week…

Omg that’s where we were, not sure it’s there anymore we stayed at tropical paradise, fuff we had fun there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s is amazing… we are barefoot beach :grinning: but most of the day at lizard lounge…

1 Like

Belize is on my bucket list

1 Like

Definitely worth a visit…

1 Like