Best whoop around £100

I’ve been told Zorro is great radio, you can get ELRS version. I personally have a TX16S with an ELRS module added (the zorro you can add modules too). So built in I have a 4 in 1, that does all the flysky, frsky, etc, etc and then the ELRS module for most of my fleet. I don’t know if you can “buy” a 4in1 module for the zorro, and maybe someone can correct me, but I’d get a 4in1 radio and then add a module still if I was buying today, but I maybe wrong on that.

For the ranges, etc we fly with whoops frsky has been fine for me, and the video will cut out before control!! I wouldn’t worry TOO much about upgrading your radio… I have a frsky TH, and moblite 7 is something weird and the 4 in 1 works… The metoer65 is an ELRS whoop

And yes ELRS = ExpressLRS

Alright, so if I get the ELRS version I would have to add a module to be able to fly the th2, or can you get it in frsky instead?

Don’t think TH2 has an elrs version. Maybe the 3…

The mobulas come in frsky and ELRS versions

Ok. So overall, between the Tinyhawk 2, the mob6 and the mob7, what would you suggest (assuming I had a Zorro controller), which would you recommend me getting? and do you know how the battery life varies between them?
Thanks for the help :blush:

I’ve not flown the mob6 or 7 (only the moblite7, which I own, which was HARD as a beginner, I’m better with it now!)

It seems getting a THII is hard (no stock on hobbyrc, or unmannedtech), you can get the TH3, which I believe is just better (might only be 1S!), but more expensive… I think larger is probably more stable, but I think the mob6 is a great quad!

Battery life I think will be similar, and measured in 3-4 minutes (more batteries, and make sure you get PH2, not BT2.0 for these, the connectors on them, betafpv do the BT2.0 connectors which I have changed all my 1s quads and planes to, but for now just get PH2 for these ones).

Maybe I’ll have a fly tonight and see what battery life I get between the metoer65 (similar to a mob6), and the th2 with same batteries.

Speaking of batteries, whatever drone you get, get a vifly whoopstor charger, as you can storage charge your 1s batteries, and charge 6 at a time!

If thII was in stock I’d probably suggest that, if you can’t wait for chinese shipping from aliexpress/banggood, then the mob 6’s are in stock, and pick FrSky or ELRS for that!

Ok, I appreciate all the hp you have given me and I’ll probably wait a week or 2 and see if the tiny 2 is in stock. if not I’ll always be happy to get a mob 7 and I’m sure I can have great fun with both!

Oh and finally… worth getting practise on a SIM if your radio can be a PC controller (the zorro and most other radios will if you go that route!) Not so important with a whoop as very hard to break one (I’ve not destroyed a whoop yet! Did crack the frame a little on a TH S), but hey you’ll be flying 5 inch quads by spring!! And they break, lol!

Oh for sure
SIM looks fun anyway and will give me a chance to see what more powerful quads will feel like. do you recommend getting any equipment second hand or is this risky?

Oooh it is cheaper, and in stock… and comes with a 6 port charger it seems! Everyone loves their mob6’s. Watch some videos I guess too…

Just buy them all :smiley:

Edit: Removed link as was goggles only!

£110 from aliexpress, don’t think they ship with batteries, but you will want to buy a pack of them anyway

1 Like

Bardwell (if you don’t know him yet, when you get into FPV you WILL know him!) is pretty trust worthy!

3 Likes

Thank you :+1::+1:
you should start a Chanel yourself with your knowledge on drones

1 Like

lol, know nothing compared to most here! Got a face for radio too :wink:

1 Like

Hah, that video was original TinyHawk not the II, as it wasn’t 2S! Doh! Just watched it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I fly mobula6 both inside and out, stock. Well ok one change. I’ve swapped battery connectors for bt2.0.

I do also use gnb 350mah 1s batteries for longer flight time.

I also have a moblite 6 style quad and have converted it to be like the mobeetle6 on its carbon frame.

These both use the lower kv motors.

All are fine.

I know the Tinyhawk 2 is less manoeuvrable than the mobula6, and people like the mobula 6 for it’s agility, but does this mean 75mm whoops are not agile?

I’m very tempted to purchase a tinyhawk 2 but the possibility of getting a mobula6 and changing the battery adapter while keeping the ability to be so agile is tempting.

The larger the quad the easier it is to fly, and be “Stable”. The mobule 6 is a great quad, and so is the mob 7 and th2! Also love my meteor65 (though not being able to change the camera angle on the meteor I wouldn’t do for a beginner!). I like the option for 2S on the THII, apparently you can do that on the mob7 too. Better outdoors, but as @yith says he loves his mob6 and flies that outside too! At the time I wished I bought the mob6 instead of the mob7 lite, but have the meteor now which is well regarded. I think EMAX has better out the box tunes, but your mileage may vary!

You can’t go wrong with ANY of them I don’t think. Just pm’ing you something!

1 Like

Mob 6 will be easier to fly inside. Mob 7 better outside or larger areas.

Mob 6 has good out of the box tunes. Very much bind and fly.

2 Likes

maybe the mob6 would be a better option since I am a complete beginner to fpv, I can always slap on a larger capacity battery right? or is this not an option

1 Like

Yea, I guess I don’t know my preference until u buy something, so i probably just need to stop overthinking it and buy one or the other :laughing: