BIG MEET - 9th to 11th June, 2023

Sorry to hear.

1 Like

Ok so we are considering coming to see all you tutu, tree climbing people. We are new to drones and if there is any information on the best way to mobile charge drone batteries that would be good. Thanks.

Some people bring generators to the meet. I bring lots of car batteries, as do others.

1 Like

3ish hours away for me, definitely interested with Corby :+1:

1 Like

I’d be keen to come, although it’s all down to the timings.

Corby’s a bit of a trek from down south (approx 5h. for me) so if there are others in @group-southwest that are keen to go, perhaps we can look at carpooling or something closer to the time.

1 Like

You can use a car 12v cig lighter

https://greyarro.ws/t/today-i-treated-myself-to-this/8964/7173?u=sparkyws

Some bring car batteries and or a petrol generator, something like this

If it is Corby then I will stay again in the Hampton Inn at Corby. Not too far away.

Must also remember a chair this time!

However as mentioned above it isn’t quite so easy to reach from the south west.

Certainly needs a couple of nights hotel or camping on site - I don’t own a tent, so that option is out.

Regarding charging … I’ll have three or four options for sharing and I’ll be going home Friday and Saturday nights so they will get recharged.
Nobody will be short of power :+1:

3 Likes

A leisure battery is what you want, not a car battery.

1 Like

I have both, and both work fine

Corby, only 30 mins from me :grinning: Dangerous though, I’ll get to see what I ‘need’ to spend money on instead of sticking with my Mini SE .

Just over an hour away from me so I’ll make an effort to visit on one of the days if the dates work out.

I’m in and pretty sure that @speatuk & @milkmanchris will be along too if they’re available.

The last two have been great so looking forward to this years

4 Likes

Tent is cheaper to buy than 2 nights in the Hampton ;o)

How about we all get a giant airbnb? :rofl:

Shares Chris’s it’s big enough :joy:

His tent is :laughing:

1 Like

not to far all for it might just do a day see how it go’s

1 Like

I’m sure @DroneGeek can book all of us a room at the Hampton and put it on company expenses! :wink:

1 Like

I would either use points or pay if the rate is lower.

1 Like

Didnt make it last yr… wife had plans on a holiday… would really love to make it this yr … what is the most likely month going to be???

1 Like