W3W location
Dates 9th-11th June 2023
HARD COPY Public Liability Insurance Compulsory
Price £25 weekend camping per pilot
£5 per pilot per day if not camping

Link to registration form Big Meet 2023 9th-11th June Attendance Form

Jump to latest post

Hi everyone.

@Steviegeek @SirGunner @Njoro and I are just starting to plan this years big meet.

For anyone that’s new, it is a weekend meetup in a private field, where you can camp, have a beer or 3, bbq, uber eats, or get a nearby hotel, or just visit for the day.

It’s a great chance to meet face to face the people you have been chatting with on here, learn skills if you are new and also to try that new drone you’ve been thinking of, or maybe try fpv if you like. If you’re up for it, why not fly into a tree then spend an hour trying to get it down whilst everyone posts images of you doing so.

If you use the search function in this forum and type in ‘big meet’, you can see lots of photos and videos from the last two years.

This thread is to have a chat about it, but it will also contain the odd poll here and there to see what everyone wants. The meet will most likely be in the summer months. But firstly…

Last years meet was near Corby. It’s pretty central in England and we have permission to run it again there this year. If that’s what most people want.

So the first poll is - would you like the meet to be in Corby, or in another part of the country.

If you’d like another part of the country, if you can, please post some suggestions on where. Ideally, we need space for tents and maybe the odd campervan. All on a large field closed to the public.

Any questions, ask away. It’s YOUR meet.

• Corby, same as last year
  • Somewhere else
0 voters
5 Likes

Is this just fpv’rs or any drone & ( anyone if your names not kirky ) :smiley:
It’s Northampton right, is what it says on my map, not a million miles away from me.

2 Likes

this^^

4 Likes

This is for everyone mate. And that’s right, Corby near Northampton

4 Likes

Come along man, be great to meet ya :+1:t2: its a great laugh. :grin:

4 Likes

It would be great to put some names to some faces, I might have to grab a hotel tho :frowning: as much as I love camping & have everything here for camping, problem is, I struggle getting off the bed let alone the floor :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::joy:

2 Likes

I only live an hour or so away so I’ll probably just comute :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What he says :point_up_2::point_up_2: for me as well :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ll be good for about an hour just over to get there, as long as I use all gears & put more than a litre of fuel in, cost of fuel :scream::joy:
Oh & not to drive like miss daisy :blossom:

2 Likes

If I’m about, I’ll be there … with some caveats …

1. I don’t like the trees in Corby, they have built-in magnets or organic tractor beams.
  2. I’ll bring my own pink tutu this time. Saves swapping every 5 minutes.
  3. If Wayne wants to be my neighbour, no taking 360s of my ball bag at 3 am.
  4. I’ll bring the ebike, I’ve made some ‘adjustments’.

It now accommodates 2 people :joy:

https://gfycat.com/gorgeousnastylemming

3 Likes

Ok who has voted for both options? :laughing:

Not guilty, never been so I wouldn’t know which is which :smiley:

1 Like

3am !!

Lunch time more like

Who set up a vote that let you tick both :wink:

1 Like

We put him to Bed and woke him up again in the morning :joy: :joy: :joy:

I have heard about people like you :fearful:

I’ll be there, hopefully without a chest infection!
Karl, I’ll bring doggy biscuits so I don’t lose my fingers!
I might buy a little plane as well, I don’t see why only you fpvers should wear the tutu for crashing :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

3 Likes

You’re ok mate. Had to put her down the other week.

1 Like

Oh no mate, sadness!

4 Likes