BIG MEET - 9th to 11th June, 2023

You usually joke that he wakes up in the afternoon

Ah, yes… that is often the case…

I’d prefer to come up Friday evening… but he wants to do his regular roleplaying session then… so the deal is that he has to get up early doors if he wants to do that!

Our plan is to turn up friday morning and leave sunday at the end. That is the plan. Depends on health if we manage to do that but we intend to give it a shot. Looking forward to meeting you all there.

This is hopefully my intention too.

Bestek is fine. I took this exact same model to the Big Meet last year. Worked well with a Renogy 175W solar panel and 12V car battery. Charged my ebike and several drone batteries all weekend.

That has a modified sine wave, not pure. And continuous output is always half peak power - which in this case is 800w. I.e. this is more like a 400w modified sine wave inverter.

Modified sine wave inverters do not work well with appliances that have an AC motor, medical equipment, and other sensitive electronics. When used with lightbulbs, they may not glow as bright and may produce a hum. Laptops may also see a shortened lifespan when used with modified sine wave inverters.

So it’s basically a strimmer engine strapped to a cheapy 400w inverter. I’d personally steer clear of this.

Sounds like a man who has fashioned something similar in the past ;o)

I had the same unit. And there’s a good reason they don’t.

300w at 12v = 25 amps … and that’ll blow any fuse in a lighter socket plug … and if it doesn’t it will blow the fuse in the main fuse box … and if it doesn’t it will probably melt things in unreachable places.

Don’t try it. Connect direct to the battery or adequate suitable wiring.

(someone might have already pointed this out - didn’t realise I was replying to an older post. I might attract the wrath of the admins. :scream:)

Just tested my 20 year old Ring inverter and compared it against 230v mains sine wave

Closed enough :smiley: to a pure :wink:

2 Likes

Nice oscilloscope!

1 Like

Tell me more about this water tap…

Where is it, in relation to where we’ll be camping?

Is it drinking water? :thinking:

No water will be drunk during the weekend.

3 Likes

By humans, agreed.

What about our four legged friends though :blush:

1 Like

Last year it was about 50m walk. But I think it will be more 100-200m this time.
It is drinking water, similar to what you get on campsites

According to my watch, I’ve walked 7.4 miles today so 200m shouldn’t be a problem :blush:

Good to know it’s drinking water though, thanks @notveryprettyboy (or should I say, Madam Swish) :+1:t2:

Just rebuilt my Evoque 5" ready for the Big Meet, might replace the motor wires to the esc board as there are some nicks in some of the wires but I have at least one quad to fly :smiley: Gotta do a bit of work putting the ‘Snail’ back together next :snail:

1 Like

Any plans for a speed record run ?

1 Like

Maybe Chris :smirk: I dont know if I can get it to go any faster as at those speeds the wind resistance is the biggest obstacle and I cant really get its footprint any smaller but will definitely have a try or 2 lol

1 Like

Did you end up building a record breaker for the Big Meet Howard?

Nah couldn’t be arsed as had limited time this year.
Maybe next time