BIG MEET - 9th to 11th June, 2023

Lance @Njoro … is it just cash payments on the day … or do you have PayPal Me link to allow digital payments?

1 Like

You could always use your body in full payment :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I did think of PayPal but it’s something that would need to be agreed on by all wishing to attend, perhaps next year we may be able to do something like that.

I’d recommend everyone to have the exact amount for the days they intend to visit, it’ll be away of making everything easier.

1 Like

Announcement

I’ve been at the farm, they have cut hay but they can only cut so low they’ve therefore offered to cut a “Take Off Area” with a small lawn mower on the Friday, I said a 20 Sq’ but perhaps we could borrow their mower if we’d like it slightly larger.

“BIG Change”
The farm has requested that everyone has a hard copy of their Insurance to hand for when they arrive at the gate and present it at the gate before being allowed onto their private property.

I and the other organisers will have to ensure that we follow the farms request, It’s a brilliant place to have a formal GADC meet, The farm will be far more relaxed knowing everyone on their land is Insured.

Please Print out a copy of your Insurances as soon as possible, I’ve requested insurance copies from those who ticked “other” so I can be familiar with them, thanks to those who have already sent me a copy, if you haven’t already please do so by Thursday evening.

Proof of Insurance cards from BMFA and FPV-UK accepted…

“Big NO”
Insurance Copy on Phone will not be accepted…

If we can all do the above, we’ll all be far more relaxed and enjoy the Meet and assure the Farm should we want to Meet there next year.

Please bring all of your toys for in the air and on the ground too, bring loads of food to fill your tum’s until they sound like a drum.

Big ask, please make a point of meeting everyone in person, which will go a long way to the sing along around the fire and beer later.

Please Have ready Cash… :pray:

That’s all the formalities out of the way… :sweat_smile:

If for any reason you are unable to print out your insurance, please DM me….

2 Likes

Please remind me of the cost.

It is up there somewhere…

If anyone would like me to charge batteries at the hotel, I can drop by Friday night - if not I aim to be there Saturday morning.

Likewise I can take them on Saturday for Sunday.

1 Like

I’ll be there two days. My leisure battery is pretty big. It’ll probably do me for both days, plus all my batteries (a LOT of them) will be precharged anyway.

I’m trying to sort out my schedule.

Will let you know

1 Like

Hi Ian its £25 per pilot for the weekend camping but if youre only coming for the day and staying elsewhere its £5 per pilot per day mate :+1:t2:

Ill stick it in the first post for anyone else looking for it

1 Like

I’ll have a panel/charge controller if you need to plug in for a bit. Normally used with a 130Ah Lead Acid. Wont work with Lithium batteries though. But if yours is Lead Acid, it should be fine.

Yup. Lead acid.

Probably would make more sense to just charge quad batteries and/or laptop direct if needed… I expect it won’t be this time.

Unless @notveryprettyboy wants me to run my laptimer!

Thanks Steve @SirGunner

Is there anything else that could go in the first post? Link to the registration form, mention of insurance requirements, etc? Be handy just to point everyone to the first post :slight_smile:

Yep no problem Rich :+1:t2:

Added a google maps pin drop for the location also :+1:t2:

If you do, The portable loud-speaker you used last time is available.
My daughter gifted it to me so whenever it’s needed… just say :smile:

1 Like

Hi Rich
For the future could we have a thread that is only available to edit by the organisers to use for the ‘Official Information’ and a second thread for all the event discussion that happens :thinking:

1 Like

We are quite literally discussing that this very minute :smiley:

1 Like

Has anyone ordered the same weather we’ve had all this week, for 9th June? :thinking:

Weekend Camping (£25 per pilot staying onsite)

Number of Days Visiting if not camping (£5 per day for pilots, visitors with a pilot are free) But with own Tent £5

Looks like we’ll have a nice weekend…look at the long range tab.

1 Like

Perhaps add for Waze navigate to

Cabin View, Harley Way, Brigstock

This should take you straight there. I added it last year.