BIG MEET - 9th to 11th June, 2023

For all attendees of the Big Meet '23, please watch the attached YT video for important information.

There will be a test on site to ascertain your understanding and knowledge, but there will also be demonstrations throughout the weekend with our own expert arborealists.

Thank you for your time

John

@ianinlondon

Could always come and give a master class with @clinkadink

I’ll probably bring my basic kit down (harness, two 25m ropes, prussiks, etc). Although i tend to avoid flying near trees because it takes me a long time to get my lardy ass up the tree. I don’t expect to have to use it (and honestly it’s a major ball ache to climb with, resetting ropes every 15m or so, not to mention pulling yourself up to the first branch). might be as well if someone threw some basic ladders in so you can get up to the first branch (or near it).

1 Like

With the size of some of the trees round there, you might need a couple of oxygen bottles aswell!

Er, have you seen my latest upload? Not sure your want me… :rofl::rofl:
Tree lopping isn’t my forte :evergreen_tree:

You’ll be in good company

1 Like

Could always bring a chainsaw with me. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Red bull needed to give wings to climb trees

Thanks to Chris @milkmanchris who created this online form for all who wish to attend the Big Meet this year.
Please fill in all the boxes, I’ll then have a good idea of numbers for the Farm.

This Meeting Requires all Flyer / Pilots to have their Insurance Certificates available on request.

2 Likes

Completed - just not sure yet which days I will be there.

Done, hoping to be there for at least one day, wont be staying over as no one to housesit the pets, but we will come over and say Hi… Dont think I will be flying though, too many folks far more experienced than me to do so, and I dont yet have PLI for the drone…

When you’re ready just update it…

Me neither
I won’t be attending. Enjoy yourselves.

It’s still possible to fly under the BMFA trial flight scheme whereby you’re insured under a fully paid up member of the BMFA. I’m more than happy to take someone under my wing for a day…

Thanks… Think I need to bite the bullet and get some PLI insurance, the drone is covered by 2 years of DJI cover for accident or flyaway, but theft and PLI I need to sort…

@AlbionDrones without wishing to take this thread off topic, have you seen the banner at the top of the site this weekend? :blush:

Member Exclusive! 10% Off Drone Insurance!

Apologies if it’s been mentioned but so may messages… What do we do for food? Do most people bring camping stoves and food or pop into town for a bite?

Looking forward to it.

1 Like

If you’re camping, just bring whatever you like, the site is within walking distance of the local village too. Major supermarkets are just 10min drive from the Farm.

1 Like

I’ll pick up an FPVUK membership at some point before I get there, but don’t currently have PLI, nor care for it per se since I don’t generally fly around others (or near people and property). :slight_smile: More of a stealth flyer.

Just noticed Grace Dieu Priory isn’t a massive detour on the way down, nor the farm near Nuneaton that everyone was looking to fly. Might have to hit them both while driving down. :wink: Add two more ticks to my locations map. :slight_smile:

One word. Barbeque.

Bring a couple of bags of charcoal and a coolbox full of whatever you eat. Buy ice from supermarkets to keep contents cool.

Yes you can bring a camping gas cooker too. In fact you probably should and a kettle so you can make a brew when you aren’t drinking copious amounts of alcohol. :wink:

2 Likes