Big Club Meet 3-4 July 2021

Hope to make it with caravan.

1 Like

I have emailed Severn Trent - Carsington water. Still the early stages. There are loads of other places I’m sure.

Hi all.
As some of you may have seen, a monumental drone meet is in the planning stage.
To this end, I would like to start from the top, work down, then build it up from the bottom.
First of all, I wish to create a poll of a rough area of the uk for this meet. The highest number of voters for a region wins, and the next stage may be whittling down to a specific place. I must add that I am willing to travel anywhere in the UK mainland. Bear with me guys.

3 Likes

Just to add, I can also help with Lifts / Car sharing to save costs if needed. I’m from Nottingham so anywhere around there or on the way to location once decided always welcome to grab a lift👍🏼

2 Likes

So where would people be willing to travel to for the 'BIG Meet", its a multiple choice and you can vote for all 5 if you wish.

• Scotland
  • North Of England
  • Midlands
  • South Of England
  • North/South Wales

0 voters

South West?? (or perhaps the North West)

I live in Plymouth & would LOVE to attend this. I mention the north west (Lancashire or even Lake district) as I am from the north & often make the 5 & half hour trek (on a good day) up to see family about 6 times a year!

Got all the the kit but nobody to play with! :cry:

2 Likes

This is me… registering my interest :smiley:

Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Steve. Your attendance is obligatory.

3 Likes

Dependant on when and where I would like to pop by.

1 Like

Hi there,

I’m in the midlands and would love to be part of the day just to get out and meet some like minded enthusiasts. Please let me know when you have a firm venue arranged.

1 Like

I live in the Peak District and will have a think about suitable spots. I can tell you Carsington Water is nono as far as Severn Trent are concerned. I know the argument about taking off from somewhere else and flying over etc but if this is going to be a success with nunerous drones flying it needs to not annoy any folks in the area and get drones a further bad reputation.
We need to establish how many people are likely to turn up before looking for places wuth permission to fly. One other thing to bear in mind is that we can’t fly numerous drones at the same time. Me and some mates tried to see how many we could get up together and the limit was six before controllers started to control someone elses drone so some sort of rota would be needed to make sure everyone gets to fly. Im talking about DJI kit not FPV racers which I dont know about.
Great idea and not being negative but not just a matter of turning up and flying.

3 Likes

Gotta call BS on that.

2 Likes

Really. Tried it have you?

1 Like

I’ve been at a meet with 9 DJI drones in the air and no hassles (and a big fuck off suspension bridge to act as a compass deterrent).

Granted the odd interference warning , but never control been taken over by another’s controller.

6 Likes

Should never be able to happen. It’s an encrypted end to end transmition similar to wifi.

4 Likes

Top job mate :+1:t2:

1 Like

Wow that would be a jaunt! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Lake District for me would be a trek let alone from Plymouth :tired_face:

3 Likes

Carsington water is indeed a no go.
Good afternoon Karl,

Thanks for contacting us its very much appreciated.

Severn Trent operates a no drones policy for its visitor sites for a number of reasons including us managing national critical infrastructure, wildlife disturbance and visitor safety so unfortunately you’ll not be able to have your event here.

Kind regards

Thomas Crawford | Site Supervisor | Estates Management

3 Likes

At least they answered your enquiry Karl.

3 Likes