Big Club Meet 3-4 July 2021

Lol you haven’t met my bitch of a front door eating dog yet!

1 Like

I think we need a nearby hotel, or camping spot, or both. And a pub. What do you all think?

1 Like

Count me in lads & ladettes. I don’t drive but I will make an effort to make it. :sunny: :sunglasses: Summertime would be a great time for it.

Very open to site locations

1 Like

I can give you a lift.

:+1: :+1: :+1: Awesome Karl. I am in the good old Derby town.

It would be great if we could find a venue that would attract people from the word go.
With possibly Mountains, Great Scenery, Lakes/Water, Plenty of grassed area.
Quite, and not near a built up area, as to bother residents.
Now that covers a hell of an ask to find a venue with all that, but , not impossible.
We must be able to have accommodation for people reasonably close,
I realize that some may prefer to Camp/Caravan/Mobile Home it as well.
Good Pub nearby for the inevitable pint !.
And Food, either DIY ,or any other delicacy that may tempt you.
The seed is sown, now let’s get on and have peoples input, ideas, poss venues.
Over to you guys (and gals)

Here here Chris. Would love to dive a mountain. The peak district (maybe near Buxton) might be good. @shane9377 do you have any good places?

1 Like

The Peak District would be great, and marvelous scenery.
If i had to choose ,that, would be my ideal location.
I would make a mini Holiday of that !

1 Like

Carsington Water, Visitor Centre, Ashbourne, DE6 1ST. Carsington is a reseviour owned by Severn trent water. There are pubs close by & B&Bs about 20mins drive from the site.

1 Like

Chris. We need to get a lot of people on this group on board. Else its ‘just another’ meet. Lets have all types of pilots. Young, old, dji, fpv, newbie, tentative, seasoned. When I am a little more sober tomorrow, I’ll search places. Unless someone chimes in. There’s plenty of time.
Just a thought… Kinder scout?

1 Like

I like it! Can we camp there?

This “Meet” would be a great opportunity to get to know fellow members on here and would create a great bonding for our newer members, who may at times feel “out on a limb”, and have never been to members meet up, and of course for a lot of us “ole farts” as well (referring strictly to myself there guys !)

p.s. I was typing and thinking of just that, no holes barred all welcome.
I would even be prepared to take Members who have never flown on impromptu drone flying lessons.

3 Likes

@anon20379288 you up for this?

1 Like

Not sure about camping but I know there’s a caravan site south side of the lake. It seems to be about 20mins walk from the lake’s most southern point.

1 Like

Nice. I’ll study tomorrow.
And everyone… Don’t forget, the site and date is TBC please give your input. Lets meet up. Share our common interest.

2 Likes

Carsington looks good, could be a busy though from the water sports point of view, but, hey, we don’t want to canoe, just video you doing it!

1 Like

If the fpv’ers among us ask for permission, it will make for a wild video.

2 Likes

Near the Knockerdown Inn an Resturant.

4 Likes

Like many others just depends on time and place…

1 Like