Big Meet V2 - 10th - 12th June 2022

As the largest County in the UK by far

3 Likes

Isnā€™t that north east :thinking::thinking:
:grinning:

Most of that used to be Yorkshire too

1 Like

500px-North_East_England_map

According to google and most North Easterners itā€™s not.

While weā€™re at it, whatā€™s ā€œEast Englandā€?
Everything to the right of the M1/A1(M)?
:laughing:

Edit: I like this one. Very, ā€œearly Internetā€.

image credit

2 Likes

@Earwig

Hi Jez, you beat me to it !!
Iā€™ve just been editing this to match Karlā€™s @notveryprettyboy poll categories.

So guys, just choice the colours you want to travel toā€¦

2 Likes

Have they built any decent roads in the South West yet? I remember when the M6 ended at Birmingham and the SW was a country lane :joy:

Still a fair few of those about :joy:

I think you can get as far as Bristol before the dirt track starts these days. :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™m in, depending on location/dates. Hopefully Iā€™ll actually make it to this one!

Hi guys.
Sorry that I let this lapse, but Iā€™ve been busy at work.

More to the point, I have been a lazy git and couldnā€™t be arsed. Itā€™s either mental health issues, or Iā€™m just knackered after work and drink beer :grin:

It looks like we have a fair amount of interest for the EAST OF ENGLAND.

What I need from you guys is a suitable place to fly. A place with interesting scenery, free from busy bodies (though not a must, as we have strength in numbers). Something suitable for dji or similar photographic drones and also suitable for the scum of society - the fpvā€™er.

My thoughts areā€¦ Somewhere by the sea.

So, to anyone who lives in the east of England (technically half of England), do you have a good place to fly?

Once a few potential sites are posted, Iā€™ll put up a poll :grin: :facepunch:

3 Likes

Any thoughts on doing this now 2022 is well
Underway?

Last years meet was cracking, good company, beers, great weather, footy and some good flying - itā€™ll be hard to top!

Be good to get some plans in place before the year flys by ā€¦ excuse the pun

Yeah. Give me 2 weeks :grin: plans are being made :+1: :wink:

4 Likes

Awesome mate. Keep me posted

1 Like

Well, weā€™ve got the ā€˜Bent Propellorā€™ award already :rofl::laughing:

4 Likes

What we need guys is help from you lot.

We need a place for a big meet this year. Somewhere we can camp, glamp, b&b or rough it in a holiday inn.
Also, somewhere we can drink beer, have a bbq etc.

Somewhere with great views.

Something for all pilots.

Pretty sure we could use last years venue, or maybe Corby way, but it would be great if it was in another part of the country. South west? North west etc?

If anyone could post suggestions, Iā€™ll put them in a poll?

2 Likes

That @ianinlondon has got a nice gaff with a big field :wink:

2 Likes

Well so far, we have Johnā€™s house and Ianā€™s house

Sorry John @Drumsagard my vote goes to @ianinlondonā€™s house so I can meet Ted :grin:

3 Likes

You looking to nasty-up my lawnsā€¦? :rofl: Our septic tank may not copeā€¦ :cowboy_hat_face:

My place may be nice for making little tutorials but personally I reckon itā€™s pretty boring terrain for flyingā€¦ Flat fields, pylons to the north, and no streams or waterfalls or anything other than hedgesā€¦