Bloody weather! ... and flyability

Perfect flying weather here today on the edge of the New Forest. As the the drone is new I thought take it to the park, get used to it and check my setup setting… Bloody football matches on every pitch in the park :unamused:

1 Like

Something to take pictures of? :man_shrugging:t2:

That’s what they’re there for, always busiest Saturdays and Sundays between September and May

Little bit like cars on motorways.

1 Like

@DeanoG60 Not really wanting pictures of the locals :rofl:

@milkmanchris You’re dead right, pity the groundsman didn’t fill the board in which said the matches were either away or no on. Duh! I got it wrong again.

I took my old Mavic Air out this afternoon to see if the compass calibration had worked, it’s been playing up. Sometimes it calibrates after the first attempt, sometimes not at all. Anyhow, here’s the link to a quick video I made from the test.

Mick.

Why does it need calibrating all the time Mick?

On a DJI drone it should be a “do it once and forget” kinda thing? :thinking:

The Mavic air is a back up drone I use now and then. Probably because it’s not used regularly? I don’t know tbh. I’m taking it to Austria in May on a motorcycle trip so wanted to give it a test.

I normally fly the Mavic 3 classic.

1 Like

My good neighbour said to me the other day, “ oh bet your peed off not getting out with the drone “
Yep I said, non stop rain for weeks / months, I said you watch they’re be telling us hosepipe ban & drought this year joking aside at the time, then this pops up on google

Not sure if the guardian chats whoopeeee but really, they’re probably say the reservoir’s burst there banks !

1 Like

Get used to it. Only 7 dry days forecasted in April :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Just as well I have cardboard walls fixed with many staples :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Hope you used galvanised staples for rust proofing? :rofl:
Just been looking at long range forecast this morning, not good flying weather for the foreseeable :frowning:

1 Like

But of course! I don’t cut corners, proper job. Even got my badge to prove it.

4 Likes

Booked this week off, so that the nice day weather wise can go fly somewhere interesting… Well not looking great so far… Ergh. Likely give.it a bash tomorrow

1 Like

1 Like

Not flying near home hehe… Today it’s just indoors lol

1 Like

FFS!

https://twitter.com/Netweather/status/1775464138308788674

2 Likes

Meanwhile in Scotland

Its April in Scotland, and although the picture doesn’t show it very well, its snowing this morning

4 Likes

I was looking at this 3 day snow forecast only a few minutes ago.

Here we go again …

2 Likes