Bommy night 22 with a twist

So, I had a bit of a fly around on bonfire night, from different sites. I gathered quite a bit of footage :joy:. Not like me :thinking:
Anyways, I wanted to try something different, nothing ventured nothing gained.
I’ve used some sound effects, hopefully not too many🤔, and began with a soundtrack on my timeline
instead of beginning with video, which seemed quite daunting seeing as I’ve done it the opposite way round from the start🤣.

I’ve also ‘tried’ syncing clips to the track, with different shots and what not.

I don’t know whether it’s worked, it’s my first night vid, I’m quite happy. Could do with some feedback.

Ps. I’ve noticed it is quite dark on my phone via YT, but on the monitor and the oled, which is inky black anyway, from original file And YT, it looks dark but with more clarity, I think down to the size. I wanted a moody look.

Pps. Many thanks to @ColSam458 for the guidance and a bit of inspiration :+1:

Here’s the vid…

8 Likes

Brilliant. Probably the best edit I’ve ever seen on this forum.

Excellent video. I particularly liked the soundtrack. Who was I listening to?
Only negative comment was the typo at the end - influence. It should not be too difficult to change at that location?

Wow, nice one👍. I’ll take any feedback that’s like that.

Although, I could probably give you quite a few places, probably with timing, probably with colours and noise where I really do need to spend more time and learn.

I always say if I only get one comment out of the whole lot, that one of my vids are good, I’m a happy chappy.

Thank you very much again, appreciated :+1:

1 Like

Thank you very much Chris :+1:.

Haha, the soundtrack. It’s actually 2.
I like different types of rock but am an old raver at heart and did a BIT of DJing back in the day.

I wanted something with a bit of drama but with a kind of contrast throughout the track. Couldn’t find anything, so mixed the 2.

The intro is rock, the first ‘burst’ a dance kind of track, the second burst back to rock, and the exit wind down slow play out is the intro played backwards and slowed down! :cold_sweat::joy:

The tracks are from Epidemic sound which I’ve found great so far, it is paid, but nothing in this life is for free👍. Off the top of my head I can’t remember track names, or artists, I’ll have to get back to you on that one.

Thanks for the info on the exit text, I’ll leave it in, it might make me check better. I’ll blame having Covid while putting the vid together :joy:

Brilliant first try. Don’t beat yourself up about the text, a friend of mine did a presentation book for the first granddaughter for her 18th birthday and made a few errors in the text, at least you can correct yours easily with no extra cost, my friend had to resubmit the book for an updated print and had to pay again. Well done.

Thank you :+1:.
No beating here, I mostly learn by my mistakes and get better😁.

The old concentration isn’t as good as it was, probably too much of the good stuff when I was younger. It is what is :grin:

The track names are as follows…

Something is lurking in the water…by Sightless in shadow. A kind of Slip Knot type sounding group.

Expanding…by Elliptik.

They have more tracks on Epidemic Sound and I also noticed them on Spotify when Googled. :+1:

A real nice edit job… well done , especially for a night first time video…
:+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Thanks very much👍.

There are things up with it, which I’m going to try and master for my next night vid.

Originally I was supposed to shoot it in Dlog and Dcine, but with all things going on that night shot it in normal colour profile. Oh well, it is what it is😁

Nice job on the edit, can definitely notice the distinction with the cuts to the beat and change of pace of the music and flurry of fire works.

Did you add all the fireworks sounds in post or record audio at the time?

Those birds eye shots of the fireworks were great!

Only just seen that, very well put together :clap:t2:

Cheers mate👍.

Yeh, the fireworks. I added all individual sounds from flurries to different single shots, varying the volume also depending on distance from the camera.
Major pain in the rear end, but it seemed to work😂

I never realised we’d spoke before, I think it was a couple of months back on YT(memory is not my best quality🤪), we seem have shot footage in a lot of the same locations.
I noticed you had done a vid on the Dream sculpture in St. Helens…thats also on my hard drive for a project, shot with the Avata👍

Thanks again mate👍

Ive spent many an hour on sound design on my videos. I think its worth it though and gets easier as you build up a repertoire of sounds.

Yeh, I posted on one of your YT videos a while back. Look forward to seeing your video from the Dream sculpture. Always interesting to see others work from the same location, particularly since it`s been shot with the Avata.