Border Force Drone

Fixed wing twin engined drone up from Lympne airfield this morning at 05.45 on illegals hunt…and still airborne (0900) over 40km up the channel from take off point - at 800ft. Fair old distance for RC ! :grinning:

4 Likes

This one ?

2 Likes

Yep…thats it…fat lot of good it does tho…129 landed yesterday!! and four Border/security vessels on patrol…you could not script it for a Carry On film…

2 Likes

Its going strong still…

I guess what with local elections coming they want to be seen to be doing something even if its pretty pointless

1 Like

Think it has about 4 to 5 hours endurance…

3 Likes

SEEMS to be a very good drone can certainly stay up but still don’t be seem to be stoping people

surely we should charge France now out of eu.

but a great bit of kit must cost a lot

Apart from a decent radio its basically a Large model with a couple of petrol engines…actually the LMA people have similar in size (well…not quite"!)…see if I can find a piccy

4 Likes

It’s so they know where to intercept them and give them money and a house and most probably a Covid jab.

Oooooohhhhh don’t set me off

3 Likes

WHAT LICENCE do you need to fly that open A2 would not be good enough.

or am I wrong, A plane license

I see the mtow is a unbelievable 180 kg

With its endurance most of that weight will be fuel…Not sure what engines it has tho…they certainly aint chainsaw jobs! :rofl:

1 Like

Where are the rocket launchers?

1 Like

I SEMMS THEY ONLY DID 8-9 MIN FLIGHT

NO wonder not stoping illegals. ESP the people over Brexit are now being deported from Spain

expats did not fill in right forms etc.

you now only have 90 days visas to stay

Should have used your M2 :wink:

1 Like

You should sell them your unboxed fpv

GET 10 mins more

:grinning:

You should take note of the threads, Dave the Bastard is very much unboxed.

2 Likes

It was probably there to stop people leaving!

1 Like

Yep so is Arya, she’s “ard as fuck”
:joy:

HAS the tread died a death over Dave the bastard