Breaking the speed limit - How fast is your drone? Find out on our leaderboard!

Leaderboard updated!

1 Like

Nice one @Ed-209 - that’s a bit more like it :smiley:

1 Like

Benefit of ATTI mode is you require less tilt for higher ground speed helped along with the wind.

1 Like

Leaderboard updated!

Speed Freak Badge granted! :+1:

1 Like

46.4MPH?

In Milton Keynes?

Clearly not on the roads :rofl:

But in all seriousness, nicely done @SkyDonkey :+1:

It’s interesting that only 0.1MPH separates each of the 7th, 8th and 9th places!

2 Likes

i want to take it out on a windy day fly into wind and on return bang it into sport and she what she does…

Probably the same speed … since the top speed seems to be GPS speed limited, not relative to the air.

1 Like

Yep

20mph tail wind and I still couldn’t break 46mph.

If I had a gps tracker unit I could fix to my P2 - I’d love to see what I can manage in full manual mode.
Perhaps I should fix an old phone to it , with a tracker app running.

Edit: Probably need to get new a new battery for the P2, really. They aren’t easy to get hold of any more. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Oh yeah, d’oh! :blush:

1 Like

Almost 3 months and nobody has managed to improve on any of these.

One to add to your New Year Resolutions in almost 8 hours time! :wink:

2 Likes

I have tried a few times with some quite high winds and still can’t get any sager with my Mavic Air!!!

1 Like

As eluded to in previous posts in this thread, most people are now hitting the GPS speed restrictions that DJI have in place :blush:

I think the only way to beat these now is by using firmware mods :+1:t2:

Either that, or a REALLY windy day may get you a +0.01MPH bit faster to just pip someone :slight_smile:

Or you could use a drone that’s not in the current leaderboard

If only we knew someone with a Typhoon… yup… I’m looking at you @Turbys9 and @pilningpilot - there’s badges to be collected here :rofl:

And similarly, if only we knew people with Anafi drones that could get on the leaderboard too… :thinking:

(cough) @Rifleair and @Alkahest :wink: (cough)

2 Likes

You never know when they might make a mistake in a new firmware update. :wink:

My Typhoon says max speed in sports mode is 45mph so I don’t think I stand a chance… but I will give it a try when I get out next… :thinking:

2 Likes

There are ZERO Typhoons on the current leaderboard.

If you post proof of travelling at 1MPH you’ll be on the board and have a Speed Freak badge :smiley:

1 Like

That is of course until @pilningpilot comes along and posts a 2mph flight and knocks you off :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s almost worth going and buying a drone that’s not on the list. :thinking:

1 Like

Hmmm…

2 Likes