Britain from above: The best drone pictures of 2022 — The Telegraph

Hmm… :thinking: :thinking:

Noo… that can’t be true… surly you must be confusing things… :frowning: :frowning:

Chances are as he seems to be a professional drone user he’d have a GVC and required permissions to operate there.

You’d guess so, however

Out of date articles and websites don’t really mean a lot especially this “soon” after PfCO went away.

ES article also states:

Despite the increasing use of drone images, they are illegal to fly in central London unless prior authorisation is provided, which takes at least a week to receive, making drone footage effectively redundant when it comes to news stories, with helicopter images of Westminster and inner London usually dominating broadcast

For Gorman, this meant that image of Hyde Park’s Winter Wonderland had to be planned a month in advance to make sure the drone use could be authorised in time.He said: “I had permission from Met Police, air traffic control, Winter Wonderland and Royal Parks. I had all those permissions in one go to be able to fly there.”

You can get NT permission to fly with the correct qualifications, insurance and money. Same for flying in London.

GVC going through the approval process might take a few weeks and cost a chunk of cash but its perfectly possible to obtain.
As its his job and he clearly gets paid well for it that won’t be a problem.

(As a side note, there are areas to film the viaduct maintaining VLOS that aren’t NT or landowner operation issues).

Looks like a free article to me unless you’ve got some sort of quote of ES articles.

Failing that, here it is:

https://archive.ph/3sfNB

The most annoying thing with these “best of” compilations is its not necessarily the image itself that makes it useful - its the being able to acquire the relevant permissions to fly in the areas that make good shots which for normal, non professional users are hard or impossible to obtain.

Most users could get these shots if for example they had permission to operate inside Stonehenge on any day of the year.