CAA increase drone registration fee

CAA have just increased their fee for SUA registration :

UK Drone and Model Aircraft Registration and Education Scheme (DMARES)

Any SUA operator who applies for an initial registration under article 94D of the ANO and thereafter for an annual re-registration under the Scheme must pay to the CAA a charge of £10, payable upon each application for initial registration and thereafter on each application for annual re-registration to the CAA.

Another above inflation increase …

Bar stewards …

2 Likes

Gone from 9 to 10? Yeah above inflation… Unfortunately it might not be soon… Heard 8% soon. Ergh, sorry off topic?

Damn, could have renewed last week, and now have to pay another pound… Better get that done, got till end of month!

2 Likes

Just done my initial registration in time then at £9, do I get notified to renew annually? & do I keep the same registration number? Thanks,

1 Like

I’ve just been notified so yes to that question (assuming your email address is right), and I do believe you keep the ID.

1 Like

From now on you should.

They changed the format of the numbering after year 1, but this year I’ve kept the same one.

1 Like

Yep so did I.
:+1:

1 Like

I only registered last week luckily. I didn’t see any reference to rates going up, so they did this without any notice!

Just renewed mine (lucky remembered, expires tomorrow!). Was £9 still, sure that’s what i paid last year? Also my ID stayed the same FWIW

So seems only new applicants will be charged £10?

I renewed mine yesterday for £9.

Just re-checked - the effective date is 31 March 2022 :+1:

and so it begins…

Effective from 2nd April 2022, the CAA has increased its price for drone and model aircraft registration (the CAA Operator ID) from £9 to £10 per annum.

Someone has to pay for the cheese and wine parties.

1 Like

Doesnt exactly break the bank though.

It’s a higher percentage rise than car VED, which went up by just over 5.2% yesterday (as I found out when I went to pay my for my motorbike), but something else along with gas, electric, council tax, national insurance, phone, water rates, etc. There will be a few belts being tightened this year for certain.

3 Likes

It’s going up again, 20% increase :scream:

Yes, it’s in line with inflation, but who’s making sure our incomes are also in line with inflation, eh? :frowning:

And what do we get for our £10 £12 per year, other than a number to stick on our toys? I know they have to administer and (sometimes) enforce the regulations, but does that really cost them £2m p.a.? What have the CAA ever done for us?

Wot? people cutting back on buying Mavics and accs?..surely not!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah and they don’t even send us the sticker bit :scream:

2 Likes

In two letters, F & A.

When I used to pay a fee for my amateur radio license I could call on OFCOM to investigate any interference issues I was having. When they scrapped the fee they also scrapped any protections we may have had.

I haven’t gone angling in years, but are rod and line licenses still a thing. I thought the revenue from these licences went back into the upkeep of the water ways.

I must admit I’ve been giving some serious thought to grounding my flying toy collection. I haven’t renewed my BMFA membership for the following year as I’m waiting to hear the results from my flying club AGM and if they’re going to increase membership fees again as I believe the land owner is raising the rent. This year was quite costly in that regard as I only got to fly three times due to health issues.

1 Like