Camera Image

Im running on a Caddx and been getting a few issues latterly, or so I think. My camera picture is blocky in my Polar nano and really blurred in my in my box standard vista cam.

Iv never seen through anyone else googles hence not been able to compare against mine. Could I please have some feed back from fellow users as to what your image is like, and any advice on how to improve mine.

What have you got your transmission rate set to, 25mb/s or 50mb/s?

Does this happen at very close ranges or out at a distance, or present all the time?

Unfortunately I only have experience with the Caddx Polar camera on my Diatone Taycan, that and the DJI FPV drone. I have had a blocky and blurry image on the FPV drone when I have reached its limit (I’m still only using 25mW) but not with the Taycan, yet, as I’m running that at 700mW.

I’m running 700 as well, and the picture is pretty naff up close and at distance, I’m wondering in changing the antenna might help ??..

Check the antennae ar all on properly - both on the drone and on the goggles. Check they are all the correct polarisation too :wink:

I had something similar with the air unit on my Vampire 2 when at Willington.
Very bad signal break up at a short range, I waited until others had landed and it seemed to be a lot better so put it down to interference.

When at the local field it’s fine though.

I have the nebula pro and had no issues other than I had to change a couple of camera settings to my liking.

Happy to let you have a look at mine anytime mate.

Could be this. Should be LHCP for DJI googles and air unit/ vista

Or it could be this, which makes sense in my case

Cheers for that mate, are you running 700 or 1200? I was led to believe the 1200 can cause the vista to over heat ?.

As for changing channels I was unaware of that one, so will try that out once I get everything fixed.

it’s all new to me too mate - gonna run a few tests and attempt to update mine tonight. I’m defo at 25mw on the air unit, not checked the vista yet.

Same - i just plugged it in and took to the air so to speak

I’m on the 700 which seem fine…

i’ll give it a whirl - seems i have a lot to learn about dji digital

Me too :rofl: :rofl:

I need to get things fixed first, Iv got 1 Nazgul half built at work as I do bits in my dinner hour. Another stripped down as it needs a new ESC which I cant get till I know what’s wrong with the 4inch Apex as make sense to order all the bits together… :man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Not necessarily - can mean a wait if even just one item on the order is out of stock

1 Like

You can configure the Air/Vista units, from within the goggle menu, to remain on 25mW until the quad is armed. Once in the air and moving, and assuming the transmitter has good airflow, there’s little chance of overheating even in summer. When you land and disarm they switch back to 25mW.

Just updated both of mine. Now capable of up to 700.

Yes, that’s low power mode. comes off once armed or if its been turned off - great idea IMO.
I learned about it on a bardwell video which goes through possible scenarios for lack of power.

Might be worth a watch @BigDog if you still have the same issues.

Interesting vid that mate i think i have N/A volts on 1 of mine :thinking: wiill have to check :+1:t3:

I thought that I did, but it just takes a few seconds to show the vbat.

1 Like