Campsie glen

Still can’t figure out how to stop the sky burning out, it was a lovely blue. I’ll get there eventually

2 Likes

In this instance, I’d say the sky burning out is mainly as a result of being in a relatively dark area, amongst the trees, when you started it. There is a limit as to the dynamic range that can be captured.

2 Likes

Yes that sounds about right, I’m a reasonably competent photographer but it’s a bit different when the camera is buzzing above your head :grinning: will experiment more and perhaps manual exposure is the way to go. I may be wrong but the Mavic Pro camera is not the best for handling dynamic range.

I usually use manual exposure.

For the one above, I’m not sure how I’d approach it, but normally (100ft up, or more) I use a view at 90 degrees to the sun with between 1/4 and 1/3 sky … depending on how much detail in the sky there is to try and accommodate it.

1 Like

That one was done early this morning with the sun low and totally hidden by the trees. The sky was a clear blue with no cloud whatsoever (bizarre for us Scots) I could cheat with photoshop of course but I prefer to limit tweaking. It’s all a learning experience

1 Like